Welwyn Hatfield snow disruption to bus service and bin collections
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield Council is warning of disruption to services during the current cold snap.
The council is warning people that the community bus service has been suspended due to bad weather.
Bin collections may also be affected.
The council states: “When roads are icy, refuse and recycling vehicles may not be able to safely access some roads.
“In very cold weather, it is also possible that the contents of brown bins can become frozen solid.
You may also want to watch:
“This means we may be unable to collect the contents.”
The popular Waste Cage Day is also under threat.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 4 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 9 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
- 10 Jodie Williams gunning for gold after barrier-breaking personal best at Tokyo 2020 Olympics
“A health and safety inspection will take place shortly before this weekend’s waste cage event in Magpie Walk, Hatfield.
“This could result in the event being cancelled at short notice,” the council has stated.