Welwyn Hatfield snow disruption to bus service and bin collections
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield Council is warning of disruption to services during the current cold snap.
The council is warning people that the community bus service has been suspended due to bad weather.
Bin collections may also be affected.
The council states: “When roads are icy, refuse and recycling vehicles may not be able to safely access some roads.
“In very cold weather, it is also possible that the contents of brown bins can become frozen solid.
“This means we may be unable to collect the contents.”
The popular Waste Cage Day is also under threat.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 3 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 4 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Mother and daughter from WGC team up to offer food packages to struggling locals
- 7 Fifteen-year-old boy hospitalised after reported stabbing in Hatfield
- 8 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 9 Toyota drove ‘erratically’ during suspected drug-fuelled trip in Hatfield
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
“A health and safety inspection will take place shortly before this weekend’s waste cage event in Magpie Walk, Hatfield.
“This could result in the event being cancelled at short notice,” the council has stated.