Welwyn Hatfield snow disruption to bus service and bin collections
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield Council is warning of disruption to services during the current cold snap.
The council is warning people that the community bus service has been suspended due to bad weather.
Bin collections may also be affected.
The council states: “When roads are icy, refuse and recycling vehicles may not be able to safely access some roads.
“In very cold weather, it is also possible that the contents of brown bins can become frozen solid.
You may also want to watch:
“This means we may be unable to collect the contents.”
The popular Waste Cage Day is also under threat.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 5 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 9 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 10 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
“A health and safety inspection will take place shortly before this weekend’s waste cage event in Magpie Walk, Hatfield.
“This could result in the event being cancelled at short notice,” the council has stated.