Welwyn Hatfield snow disruption to bus service and bin collections
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Hatfield Council is warning of disruption to services during the current cold snap.
The council is warning people that the community bus service has been suspended due to bad weather.
Bin collections may also be affected.
The council states: “When roads are icy, refuse and recycling vehicles may not be able to safely access some roads.
“In very cold weather, it is also possible that the contents of brown bins can become frozen solid.
You may also want to watch:
“This means we may be unable to collect the contents.”
The popular Waste Cage Day is also under threat.
- 1 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 2 Fence that blocked public path now removed
- 3 Billy Joe Saunders v Saul Canelo Alvarez - as it happened
- 4 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
- 5 Four councillors elected to South Mimms Parish Council
- 6 Teenager arrested following pub break in
- 7 Have you seen this wanted man?
- 8 Man found with head injuries following assault
- 9 Woman injured after attack by out of control dog
- 10 COVID deaths at Lister pass grim milestone
“A health and safety inspection will take place shortly before this weekend’s waste cage event in Magpie Walk, Hatfield.
“This could result in the event being cancelled at short notice,” the council has stated.