Met Office weather warning across Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning across Welwyn Hatfield today and tomorrow due to the patches of freezing fog.
Freezing fog patches will become more widespread and dense during this evening, overnight and through Thursday morning.
Driving conditions will be difficult, with journeys likely to take longer than usual.
According to the Met Office’s chief forecaster, where fog does form the visibility could be less than 100 metres.
Combined with temperatures below freezing, there is also the risk of ice forming on some untreated surfaces particularly later in the night and early on Thursday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The fog patches are expected to slowly thin during Thursday, although some patches may persist throughout the day.
Freezing temperatures are expected overnight, with highs of three degrees tomorrow.
- 1 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 2 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
- 7 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 10 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral