Met Office weather warning across Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning across Welwyn Hatfield today and tomorrow due to the patches of freezing fog.
Freezing fog patches will become more widespread and dense during this evening, overnight and through Thursday morning.
Driving conditions will be difficult, with journeys likely to take longer than usual.
According to the Met Office’s chief forecaster, where fog does form the visibility could be less than 100 metres.
Combined with temperatures below freezing, there is also the risk of ice forming on some untreated surfaces particularly later in the night and early on Thursday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The fog patches are expected to slowly thin during Thursday, although some patches may persist throughout the day.
Freezing temperatures are expected overnight, with highs of three degrees tomorrow.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 4 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 5 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 6 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 10 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?