Met Office weather warning across Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning across Welwyn Hatfield today and tomorrow due to the patches of freezing fog.
Freezing fog patches will become more widespread and dense during this evening, overnight and through Thursday morning.
Driving conditions will be difficult, with journeys likely to take longer than usual.
According to the Met Office’s chief forecaster, where fog does form the visibility could be less than 100 metres.
Combined with temperatures below freezing, there is also the risk of ice forming on some untreated surfaces particularly later in the night and early on Thursday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The fog patches are expected to slowly thin during Thursday, although some patches may persist throughout the day.
Freezing temperatures are expected overnight, with highs of three degrees tomorrow.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire