Met Office weather warning across Welwyn Hatfield
- Credit: Archant
The Met Office has issued a severe weather warning across Welwyn Hatfield today and tomorrow due to the patches of freezing fog.
Freezing fog patches will become more widespread and dense during this evening, overnight and through Thursday morning.
Driving conditions will be difficult, with journeys likely to take longer than usual.
According to the Met Office’s chief forecaster, where fog does form the visibility could be less than 100 metres.
Combined with temperatures below freezing, there is also the risk of ice forming on some untreated surfaces particularly later in the night and early on Thursday morning.
You may also want to watch:
The fog patches are expected to slowly thin during Thursday, although some patches may persist throughout the day.
Freezing temperatures are expected overnight, with highs of three degrees tomorrow.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 5 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 9 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?