Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar could see snow this weekend
- Credit: Alison Lilly
Winter is clinging on as the Met Office announces further snow is likely in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
The Met Office has issued a Yellow Warning for snow over the weekend.
Just as we were starting to feel the breath of spring, the cold weather will return to Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar and Hatfield with temperatures plunging to zero by early Saturday morning and a 90 per cent chance of heavy snow.
The likelihood of heavy snow ranges from 60 to 80 per cent for the rest of the day.
A 70 per cent chance of further light snow is predicted for Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
With just a peep of sun on Friday afternoon, the weekend will otherwise be overcast.
The Met Office warned: “There is a small chance of travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
“There is a small chance that power cuts will occur and services, such as mobile phone, may be affected.”