Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar could see snow this weekend
- Credit: Alison Lilly
Winter is clinging on as the Met Office announces further snow is likely in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
The Met Office has issued a Yellow Warning for snow over the weekend.
Just as we were starting to feel the breath of spring, the cold weather will return to Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar and Hatfield with temperatures plunging to zero by early Saturday morning and a 90 per cent chance of heavy snow.
The likelihood of heavy snow ranges from 60 to 80 per cent for the rest of the day.
A 70 per cent chance of further light snow is predicted for Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
With just a peep of sun on Friday afternoon, the weekend will otherwise be overcast.
The Met Office warned: “There is a small chance of travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 3 Where has the Duke of Edinburgh visited in Hertfordshire?
- 4 From 'the worst zoo in the UK' to popular attraction: Looking back on Paradise Wildlife Park's 37 years
- 5 Rogue landlord hit with record £90,000 fine for safety failings
- 6 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
- 7 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 8 JD Wetherspoons lists building in town centre for sale
- 9 CCTV appeal after safe containing cash and watches stolen
- 10 Eight vehicles seized after police operation to crack down on crime
“There is a small chance that power cuts will occur and services, such as mobile phone, may be affected.”