Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar could see snow this weekend
- Credit: Alison Lilly
Winter is clinging on as the Met Office announces further snow is likely in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
The Met Office has issued a Yellow Warning for snow over the weekend.
Just as we were starting to feel the breath of spring, the cold weather will return to Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar and Hatfield with temperatures plunging to zero by early Saturday morning and a 90 per cent chance of heavy snow.
The likelihood of heavy snow ranges from 60 to 80 per cent for the rest of the day.
A 70 per cent chance of further light snow is predicted for Sunday morning.
You may also want to watch:
With just a peep of sun on Friday afternoon, the weekend will otherwise be overcast.
The Met Office warned: “There is a small chance of travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 3 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Captain Tom inspires little Zach to raise money for the NHS
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
“There is a small chance that power cuts will occur and services, such as mobile phone, may be affected.”