Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar could see snow this weekend
- Credit: Alison Lilly
Winter is clinging on as the Met Office announces further snow is likely in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar.
The Met Office has issued a Yellow Warning for snow over the weekend.
Just as we were starting to feel the breath of spring, the cold weather will return to Welwyn Garden City, Potters Bar and Hatfield with temperatures plunging to zero by early Saturday morning and a 90 per cent chance of heavy snow.
The likelihood of heavy snow ranges from 60 to 80 per cent for the rest of the day.
A 70 per cent chance of further light snow is predicted for Sunday morning.
With just a peep of sun on Friday afternoon, the weekend will otherwise be overcast.
The Met Office warned: “There is a small chance of travel delays on roads with some stranded vehicles, along with delayed or cancelled rail and air travel.
- 1 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 4 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 5 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
- 8 Platinum Jubilee: Hertfordshire's royal visits in pictures
- 9 Spectacular Grade II listed home near Hatfield on the market for £3m
- 10 Local man will be flying high in an effort to raise much needed funds for Potential Kids
“There is a small chance that power cuts will occur and services, such as mobile phone, may be affected.”