Lightning strike on office ‘like an earthquake’
FRIGHTENED staff at a floor fitters have described the moment their office was struck by lightning during yesterday’s thunderstorm.
Firefighters were called out to Digswell, after lightning struck the chimney of a house in Station Road,
causing part of the chimney to collapse and tiles to fall off the roof.
And staff at the adjacent Anne Ball Flooring and Interior, were left shaken by the strike.
Company PA Jeanette Johnson was in the kitchen and saw the whole thing happen.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m still a bit shaken today,” said Jeanette. “I was standing in the kitchen, which is very close to where the lightning struck.
“It felt like an earthquake. I was in New Zealand at the beginning of the year, and I felt a small earthquake there, and this was like that.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 5 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
“It’s a miracle no one was hurt, although we’re still rather shocked. I have to say thank you to the fire brigade, they were absolutely brilliant.”