Latest weather forecast for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Nina Morgan
Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar have woken up to a late white Christmas this morning, with more snow predicted to come until lunchtime.
The Met Office has issued a Yellow weather warning for ice for between 4pm today (December 27) and 11am December 28.
A Yellow warning means this has a medium likelihood and is likely to have a low impact.
Temperatures in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar are at 1-2°, with a 90% chance of continued snowfall until 12 pm in Welwyn Garden City and 11 am in Potters Bar.
Visibility is predicted to remain very poor until 11am in Hatfield and 12 pm in Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures are predicted to remain between 2°-0° all day, but will feel like betwee -6° and 14°.
There are no reported delays to the rail service along the Great Northern Route into London.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 6 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 7 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Volunteering is the name of the game at Panshanger Park
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
The Met Office issued a Yellow weather warning on Boxing Day due to the likelihood of rain turning to snow.
It is predicted to remain cold and clear overnight, with ice and sunshine appearing tomorrow (December 28) and warming to temperatures of around 8-10° towards the New Year.