Latest weather forecast for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Nina Morgan
Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar have woken up to a late white Christmas this morning, with more snow predicted to come until lunchtime.
The Met Office has issued a Yellow weather warning for ice for between 4pm today (December 27) and 11am December 28.
A Yellow warning means this has a medium likelihood and is likely to have a low impact.
Temperatures in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar are at 1-2°, with a 90% chance of continued snowfall until 12 pm in Welwyn Garden City and 11 am in Potters Bar.
Visibility is predicted to remain very poor until 11am in Hatfield and 12 pm in Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar.
You may also want to watch:
Temperatures are predicted to remain between 2°-0° all day, but will feel like betwee -6° and 14°.
There are no reported delays to the rail service along the Great Northern Route into London.
- 1 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 2 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 3 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 4 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
- 5 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Slam Dunk Festival 2022 dates announced for Queen's Platinum Jubilee Bank Holiday weekend
- 8 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 9 Remembering the life of daring test pilot Geoffrey de Havilland Jr - 75 years on from his tragic death
- 10 Riding charity holds online art and photography competition
The Met Office issued a Yellow weather warning on Boxing Day due to the likelihood of rain turning to snow.
It is predicted to remain cold and clear overnight, with ice and sunshine appearing tomorrow (December 28) and warming to temperatures of around 8-10° towards the New Year.