Latest weather forecast for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- Credit: Nina Morgan
Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar have woken up to a late white Christmas this morning, with more snow predicted to come until lunchtime.
The Met Office has issued a Yellow weather warning for ice for between 4pm today (December 27) and 11am December 28.
A Yellow warning means this has a medium likelihood and is likely to have a low impact.
Temperatures in Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar are at 1-2°, with a 90% chance of continued snowfall until 12 pm in Welwyn Garden City and 11 am in Potters Bar.
Visibility is predicted to remain very poor until 11am in Hatfield and 12 pm in Welwyn Garden City and Potters Bar.
Temperatures are predicted to remain between 2°-0° all day, but will feel like betwee -6° and 14°.
There are no reported delays to the rail service along the Great Northern Route into London.
- 1 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
- 2 Concerns raised over ‘grotesque’ 5G mast plans ruining iconic WGC view
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 5 Vehicle caught fire on M25
- 6 Homes selling fast at sought-after Welwyn Garden City development
- 7 Schoolchildren get lesson in robotics at University of Hertfordshire
- 8 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 9 Vandals trash toilet on WGC train
- 10 Fight to save village Green Belt from development
The Met Office issued a Yellow weather warning on Boxing Day due to the likelihood of rain turning to snow.
It is predicted to remain cold and clear overnight, with ice and sunshine appearing tomorrow (December 28) and warming to temperatures of around 8-10° towards the New Year.