Warning over possible flooding on Hertfordshire roads
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
After a snowy start, here’s the weather forecast for your drive home and overnight tonight (December 27) around Welwyn Hatfield, St Albans, Stevenage, Hitchin and Potters Bar.
Herts County Council’s highways Twitter feed has warned drivers to take care driving in standing water melted from today’s snow.
They advise not to drive through standing or moving water more than 10cm (4in) deep.
Their gritters have been out since 4pm to treat priority routes.
The Met Office has issued a Yellow weather warning for ice for between 4pm today and 11am December 28.
A Yellow warning means this has a medium likelihood and is likely to have a low impact.
The Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit warned: “Stopping distances increase by up to 10 times in the snow/ice.
- 1 Hatfield fixer-upper with lake on sale for £2.5m
- 2 Queen's Platinum Jubilee: Changes to rubbish and recycling bin collection days in Welwyn Hatfield
- 3 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 4 'Garden thieves' caught on camera in Welwyn
- 5 Welwyn Garden City school earns prestigious development award
- 6 Who is playing when at Slam Dunk Festival 2022: Set times announced for Hatfield Park
- 7 Met Police officer denies sexually assaulting male colleague
- 8 More cash for safer cycling and walking schemes in Welwyn Garden City
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 TfL removes over 100 London buses after EV blaze in Potters Bar
“Give yourself time to react and time to brake.”
Visibility is predicted to be rated Good or Very Good between 4-11pm tonight.
Temperatures should remain between 0-2°, but will feel like anything between -2° and -6°.
We are currently looking at a cloudless night and a sparkling sunny morning tomorrow to complement what’s left of the snow.