Warning over possible flooding on Hertfordshire roads
- Credit: Mia Jankowicz
After a snowy start, here’s the weather forecast for your drive home and overnight tonight (December 27) around Welwyn Hatfield, St Albans, Stevenage, Hitchin and Potters Bar.
Herts County Council’s highways Twitter feed has warned drivers to take care driving in standing water melted from today’s snow.
They advise not to drive through standing or moving water more than 10cm (4in) deep.
Their gritters have been out since 4pm to treat priority routes.
The Met Office has issued a Yellow weather warning for ice for between 4pm today and 11am December 28.
You may also want to watch:
A Yellow warning means this has a medium likelihood and is likely to have a low impact.
The Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire and Hertfordshire Road Policing Unit warned: “Stopping distances increase by up to 10 times in the snow/ice.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 3 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 6 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 9 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
- 10 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
“Give yourself time to react and time to brake.”
Visibility is predicted to be rated Good or Very Good between 4-11pm tonight.
Temperatures should remain between 0-2°, but will feel like anything between -2° and -6°.
We are currently looking at a cloudless night and a sparkling sunny morning tomorrow to complement what’s left of the snow.