Weather forecast across Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for Stevenage and the snow is due to stop soon across Welwyn Hatfield and St Albans.
The Met Office states that Welwyn Hatfield will have heavy snowfall until 2pm today with heavy rain being forecast for the rest of the day.
Across the borough tomorrow no snow is predicted but it is forecast to be cloudy.
Stevenage and surrounding areas
You may also want to watch:
However, Stevenage faces a yellow weather warning today as snow falls.
The Met Office says: “An area of snow is likely to move eastwards across many central and northern parts of the UK on Sunday.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 3 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 4 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 5 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 6 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
- 9 Second major film and TV studios plan revealed for site near Sky Studios Elstree
- 10 Plans for 'largest film studio in the UK' revealed for Hertfordshire
“The snow is more likely to affect higher routes with lower levels only affected more locally.
“In addition, rain may fall onto frozen surfaces for a time following a very cold night.
“Some roads and railways likely to be affected, with longer journey times by road, bus and train services.
“Some injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces.
“Probably some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths.”
Tomorrow across the town there is no snow predicted.
St Albans is predicted to face sleet showers until 2pm with rain expected for the rest of the day.
Tomorrow it is expected to just be a cloudy day.