Weather forecast across Hertfordshire
- Credit: Archant
A yellow weather warning has been issued for Stevenage and the snow is due to stop soon across Welwyn Hatfield and St Albans.
The Met Office states that Welwyn Hatfield will have heavy snowfall until 2pm today with heavy rain being forecast for the rest of the day.
Across the borough tomorrow no snow is predicted but it is forecast to be cloudy.
Stevenage and surrounding areas
You may also want to watch:
However, Stevenage faces a yellow weather warning today as snow falls.
The Met Office says: “An area of snow is likely to move eastwards across many central and northern parts of the UK on Sunday.
- 1 Upgrades to key shopping street will leave town 'well-placed' for future
- 2 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 3 Police disperse large group near the university
- 4 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 5 Isabel Hospice closed to new admissions due to staff sickness
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 8 Herts COVID-19 fatalities surge as UK death toll surpasses major milestone
- 9 Post delayed due to staff self-isolating at Royal Mail
- 10 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
“The snow is more likely to affect higher routes with lower levels only affected more locally.
“In addition, rain may fall onto frozen surfaces for a time following a very cold night.
“Some roads and railways likely to be affected, with longer journey times by road, bus and train services.
“Some injuries from slips and falls on icy surfaces.
“Probably some icy patches on some untreated roads, pavements and cycle paths.”
Tomorrow across the town there is no snow predicted.
St Albans is predicted to face sleet showers until 2pm with rain expected for the rest of the day.
Tomorrow it is expected to just be a cloudy day.