Grit-ting my teeth!
ONCE again just a few inches of snow has caused chaos.
Once again gritters seem have been slow off the mark and cars are struggling even on main roads.
Once again, minor roads are a no go area.
Once again I find myself walking to work as I live in a cul-de-sac with a slight hill - ungritted of course!
Once again I try the yellow grit box - and once again it is empty.
You may also want to watch:
But why should I be surprised; it has been empty since before Christmas.
Once again businesses, including my own, will be paying the price in both time and money.
- 1 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 2 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 3 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 7 Support for Bukayo Saka continues as youth football team delivers shirt to England's Euro 2020 star
- 8 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
Once again Welwyn Hatfield’ authorities seem completely impotent in the face of, what is in effect, only slightly more severe weather conditions than should be expected in January.
I must confess myself to be heartily sick of this - and all the lame excuses!
A Hertfordshire Highways spokeswoman said: “We have gritted less than we normally do.
“We went out today (Wednesday) at 4am and did all A and B roads.
“We are going out again now (9am).”