Great Northern warns of limited and cancelled trains
- Credit: Archant
Great Northern is warning rail users that services may be “very limited” or there may be “no service at all on some routes”.
Great Northern is urging people to travel as “early as possible” today.
Adding: “The Met Office have issued weather warnings for snow and ice across our network.
“We plan to operate a very limited service after this time [mid afternoon], with no service at all on some routes.
“We will not be able to provide alternative transport such as replacement buses due to hazardous road conditions.
You may also want to watch:
“Please consider if your journey is necessary before travelling and take extra care whilst moving around our stations and when getting on and off of trains as surfaces may be slippery.
“Restrictions on tickets have been lifted today.”
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 2 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 6 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 7 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 8 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping