Welwyn Garden City opera singer won’t take snow for an answer
- Credit: supplied by Gemma Turner
Storm Emma wreaked havoc in Welwyn Hatfield last week - but met her match with plucky singer Gemma.
Trains, buses and roads were all disrupted last week and over the weekend thanks to heavy snowfall and low visibility.
But one determined young songstress wasn’t about to let the plummeting temperatures beat her.
Professional opera singer Gemma Turner, from Welwyn Garden City, was facing a battle against the elements to make it to her concert in Surrey on Saturday March 3.
But she wasn’t going to let the snow beat her, and commandeered her dad’s Land Rover fully dressed in her concert ball gown.
You may also want to watch:
She said defiantly: “The weather conditions were so bad, but I have never not done a performance, and this show wasn’t going to be any different!”
In low visibility and heavy snow, she persevered to make the one and a half hour journey to West Byfleet golf club, and even got there early.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 3 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
She said: “They were so chuffed that I’d made it.
“It’s going to take more than Storm Emma to stop Gemma!”
To read more about Gemma’s singing, see www.gemmaturner.co.uk