Welwyn Garden City opera singer won’t take snow for an answer
- Credit: supplied by Gemma Turner
Storm Emma wreaked havoc in Welwyn Hatfield last week - but met her match with plucky singer Gemma.
Trains, buses and roads were all disrupted last week and over the weekend thanks to heavy snowfall and low visibility.
But one determined young songstress wasn’t about to let the plummeting temperatures beat her.
Professional opera singer Gemma Turner, from Welwyn Garden City, was facing a battle against the elements to make it to her concert in Surrey on Saturday March 3.
But she wasn’t going to let the snow beat her, and commandeered her dad’s Land Rover fully dressed in her concert ball gown.
You may also want to watch:
She said defiantly: “The weather conditions were so bad, but I have never not done a performance, and this show wasn’t going to be any different!”
In low visibility and heavy snow, she persevered to make the one and a half hour journey to West Byfleet golf club, and even got there early.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide
- 10 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
She said: “They were so chuffed that I’d made it.
“It’s going to take more than Storm Emma to stop Gemma!”
To read more about Gemma’s singing, see www.gemmaturner.co.uk