Amateur photographer snaps picture of golden sky over Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City-based photographer James McHenry took a picture of the vivid sunset over the town centre.
James, 42, of Walden Place, was driving home from his parents’ house when he stopped at the traffic lights and took the picture on his iPhone.
James, who works as a civil servant, said: “I recall sitting there stunned at the golden skyline the like of which I had never seen so vivid.
“The experience was only enhanced by the fact that aside from a lone pedestrian there was not another car or person in sight.
“I took a picture on my iPhone which I uploaded onto the Welwyn Garden City News Facebook page and over the next few days was surprised at the positive feedback and number of ‘likes’ from the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone with an interest in photography not to discount smartphone technology over the use of traditional SLR cameras.”
James also showcases his work on the Facebook page JMC Phoneography, where his other photos are available to purchase.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?