Amateur photographer snaps picture of golden sky over Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City-based photographer James McHenry took a picture of the vivid sunset over the town centre.
James, 42, of Walden Place, was driving home from his parents’ house when he stopped at the traffic lights and took the picture on his iPhone.
James, who works as a civil servant, said: “I recall sitting there stunned at the golden skyline the like of which I had never seen so vivid.
“The experience was only enhanced by the fact that aside from a lone pedestrian there was not another car or person in sight.
“I took a picture on my iPhone which I uploaded onto the Welwyn Garden City News Facebook page and over the next few days was surprised at the positive feedback and number of ‘likes’ from the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone with an interest in photography not to discount smartphone technology over the use of traditional SLR cameras.”
James also showcases his work on the Facebook page JMC Phoneography, where his other photos are available to purchase.
- 1 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 2 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 3 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 4 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 7 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 8 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 9 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 10 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed