Amateur photographer snaps picture of golden sky over Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City-based photographer James McHenry took a picture of the vivid sunset over the town centre.
James, 42, of Walden Place, was driving home from his parents’ house when he stopped at the traffic lights and took the picture on his iPhone.
James, who works as a civil servant, said: “I recall sitting there stunned at the golden skyline the like of which I had never seen so vivid.
“The experience was only enhanced by the fact that aside from a lone pedestrian there was not another car or person in sight.
“I took a picture on my iPhone which I uploaded onto the Welwyn Garden City News Facebook page and over the next few days was surprised at the positive feedback and number of ‘likes’ from the local community.
“I would urge anyone with an interest in photography not to discount smartphone technology over the use of traditional SLR cameras.”
James also showcases his work on the Facebook page JMC Phoneography, where his other photos are available to purchase.
- 1 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 2 Suspected stabbing in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Closures lifted on A1(M) after emergency services deem road safe
- 5 A1(M) closed in both directions due to fallen cables
- 6 Purse stolen from 74-year-old woman
- 7 Meet the authors behind a new architecture book on Welwyn and Welwyn Garden City
- 8 Where can you get a walk-in booster in Welwyn Hatfield this week?
- 9 County lines drug runners jailed after undercover police sting
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?