Amateur photographer snaps picture of golden sky over Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: Archant
Welwyn Garden City-based photographer James McHenry took a picture of the vivid sunset over the town centre.
James, 42, of Walden Place, was driving home from his parents’ house when he stopped at the traffic lights and took the picture on his iPhone.
James, who works as a civil servant, said: “I recall sitting there stunned at the golden skyline the like of which I had never seen so vivid.
“The experience was only enhanced by the fact that aside from a lone pedestrian there was not another car or person in sight.
“I took a picture on my iPhone which I uploaded onto the Welwyn Garden City News Facebook page and over the next few days was surprised at the positive feedback and number of ‘likes’ from the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“I would urge anyone with an interest in photography not to discount smartphone technology over the use of traditional SLR cameras.”
James also showcases his work on the Facebook page JMC Phoneography, where his other photos are available to purchase.
- 1 Body found in search for missing woman as two men charged with murder
- 2 Tributes paid to Arsenal fan who died of COVID-19 'caught at Euros final'
- 3 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 4 New ITV teen drama Tell Me Everything being filmed in Welwyn Garden City
- 5 Campus West car park planning application submitted
- 6 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 7 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 10 Spotting the signs: a personal insight into suicide