Flood warnings in place near Hatfield, London Colney and North Mymms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Environment Agency has issued a flood warning for areas in and around Hatfield, London Colney and North Mymms – which could affect A414 journeys.
River levels remain high on the Upper River Colne and Radlett Brook after heavy rain during this weekend.
If there is more rain, today, it could cause levels to rise with some flooding on roads and low lying land likely.
Flooding from surface water, where water gathers and flows off road surfaces, could also occur.
The EA said, "We are continuing to closely monitor rainfall and river levels.
You may also want to watch:
"Please stay aware of the forecast, local water levels and weather conditions.
"Consider putting your flood plan into action. You should avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water."
For the latest information please go here flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield