Flood warnings in place near Hatfield, London Colney and North Mymms
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The Environment Agency has issued a flood warning for areas in and around Hatfield, London Colney and North Mymms – which could affect A414 journeys.
River levels remain high on the Upper River Colne and Radlett Brook after heavy rain during this weekend.
If there is more rain, today, it could cause levels to rise with some flooding on roads and low lying land likely.
Flooding from surface water, where water gathers and flows off road surfaces, could also occur.
The EA said, "We are continuing to closely monitor rainfall and river levels.
You may also want to watch:
"Please stay aware of the forecast, local water levels and weather conditions.
"Consider putting your flood plan into action. You should avoid walking, cycling or driving through flood water."
For the latest information please go here flood-warning-information.service.gov.uk.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street