Wear your seatbelt - or face a �60 fine!
MOTORISTS caught without a seatbelt in Hertfordshire will now be slapped with a �60 on the spot fine. Previously, the maximum fixed penalty that could be levied by police was �30. The government has decided to
MOTORISTS caught without a seatbelt in Hertfordshire will now be slapped with a �60 on the spot fine.
Previously, the maximum fixed penalty that could be levied by police was �30.
The government has decided to double the fine after a consultation found that many motorists still don't comply with seatbelt laws.
Additionally, new legislation stipulates the number of passengers, including children in a car, must now not exceed the number of seats fitted with seatbelts.
You may also want to watch:
For a free seatbelt leaflet, call Barbara Crane at the county council's road safety team on 01992 556814 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home