Wear your seatbelt - or face a �60 fine!
MOTORISTS caught without a seatbelt in Hertfordshire will now be slapped with a �60 on the spot fine. Previously, the maximum fixed penalty that could be levied by police was �30. The government has decided to
MOTORISTS caught without a seatbelt in Hertfordshire will now be slapped with a �60 on the spot fine.
Previously, the maximum fixed penalty that could be levied by police was �30.
The government has decided to double the fine after a consultation found that many motorists still don't comply with seatbelt laws.
Additionally, new legislation stipulates the number of passengers, including children in a car, must now not exceed the number of seats fitted with seatbelts.
You may also want to watch:
For a free seatbelt leaflet, call Barbara Crane at the county council's road safety team on 01992 556814 or at email@example.com
- 1 'We were only open 20 days before the first lockdown' - First time restaurant owner optimistic after difficult first year
- 2 Ocado opens new development centre, creating 100 new jobs
- 3 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 4 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 5 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 6 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Weight lifted as Slimming World classes return as COVID-19 restrictions ease
- 9 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 10 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation