Wear your seatbelt - or face a �60 fine!
MOTORISTS caught without a seatbelt in Hertfordshire will now be slapped with a �60 on the spot fine. Previously, the maximum fixed penalty that could be levied by police was �30. The government has decided to
MOTORISTS caught without a seatbelt in Hertfordshire will now be slapped with a �60 on the spot fine.
Previously, the maximum fixed penalty that could be levied by police was �30.
The government has decided to double the fine after a consultation found that many motorists still don't comply with seatbelt laws.
Additionally, new legislation stipulates the number of passengers, including children in a car, must now not exceed the number of seats fitted with seatbelts.
You may also want to watch:
For a free seatbelt leaflet, call Barbara Crane at the county council's road safety team on 01992 556814 or at email@example.com
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Family of four ‘distraught’ living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 3 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 4 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 5 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 6 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 7 County success for Phil Embleton while Brookmans Park golfers enjoy annual highlight
- 8 The Proclaimers to headline Folk by the Oak in Hatfield Park
- 9 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 10 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton