‘We need a radiotherapy unit’ Hertfordshire MP tells Parliament
- Credit: Archant
The MP for North East Hertfordshire has called on the health minister to press NHS chiefs for a radiotherapy facility at the Lister Hospital.
In a debate with the under secretary of state for health, Jane Ellison, Sir Oliver Heald quoted constituents who are hoping a new satellite facility will get the go-ahead.
He said: “The journeys that cancer patients in North East Hertfordshire have to take to get to their radiotherapy treatment is unacceptable.
“A radiotherapy centre at the Lister would reduce the stress caused.
“I urge all constituents to sign my petition, which I hope to present to the House of Commons.”
Stevenage MP Stephen McPartland and Alistair Burt,
who represents North East Bedfordshire, both spoke in the debate and have pledged their support to campaign along with Hitchin MP Peter Lilley,
- 1 IN PICTURES: Stars come out for Simply Red concert in Hatfield Park
- 2 Screen on the Green returning to Welwyn Garden City
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 'Tesco must tackle blight of trolley-dumping in Potters Bar'
- 5 Hertfordshire 'extreme heat' amber warning as temperature set to soar
- 6 'Risk of injury' - Aldi recalls product due to safety fears
- 7 It's A Kind of Magic as Queen Symphonic's Bohemian Rhapsody rocks Hatfield Park
- 8 Champions! Old Owens going up after securing title
- 9 Pictures of Paloma Faith and special guest Sam Ryder at Hatfield Park concert
- 10 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
To sign the petition visit www.oliverheald.com.