‘We need a radiotherapy unit’ Hertfordshire MP tells Parliament
- Credit: Archant
The MP for North East Hertfordshire has called on the health minister to press NHS chiefs for a radiotherapy facility at the Lister Hospital.
In a debate with the under secretary of state for health, Jane Ellison, Sir Oliver Heald quoted constituents who are hoping a new satellite facility will get the go-ahead.
He said: “The journeys that cancer patients in North East Hertfordshire have to take to get to their radiotherapy treatment is unacceptable.
“A radiotherapy centre at the Lister would reduce the stress caused.
“I urge all constituents to sign my petition, which I hope to present to the House of Commons.”
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage MP Stephen McPartland and Alistair Burt,
who represents North East Bedfordshire, both spoke in the debate and have pledged their support to campaign along with Hitchin MP Peter Lilley,
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 5 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 6 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 9 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 10 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
To sign the petition visit www.oliverheald.com.