‘We need a radiotherapy unit’ Hertfordshire MP tells Parliament
- Credit: Archant
The MP for North East Hertfordshire has called on the health minister to press NHS chiefs for a radiotherapy facility at the Lister Hospital.
In a debate with the under secretary of state for health, Jane Ellison, Sir Oliver Heald quoted constituents who are hoping a new satellite facility will get the go-ahead.
He said: “The journeys that cancer patients in North East Hertfordshire have to take to get to their radiotherapy treatment is unacceptable.
“A radiotherapy centre at the Lister would reduce the stress caused.
“I urge all constituents to sign my petition, which I hope to present to the House of Commons.”
You may also want to watch:
Stevenage MP Stephen McPartland and Alistair Burt,
who represents North East Bedfordshire, both spoke in the debate and have pledged their support to campaign along with Hitchin MP Peter Lilley,
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 5 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 8 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
To sign the petition visit www.oliverheald.com.