Waste transfer station planned for Welham Green
TENTATIVE plans to build a recycling facility on a village industrial estate have been unveiled.
The application, which has been submitted by OM Skip & Recycling, would see a waste transfer station constructed in Travellers Lane, Welham Green.
The proposals are currently with the county council.
A council spokeswoman said: “The application relates to proposals for a recycling facility for commercial, industrial, construction and building waste.”
She stressed the application had only been received recently and that it would not be decided before May 25 at the earliest.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “As with any planning application, local residents will have a chance to have their say.”
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes