Waste transfer station planned for Welham Green
TENTATIVE plans to build a recycling facility on a village industrial estate have been unveiled.
The application, which has been submitted by OM Skip & Recycling, would see a waste transfer station constructed in Travellers Lane, Welham Green.
The proposals are currently with the county council.
A council spokeswoman said: “The application relates to proposals for a recycling facility for commercial, industrial, construction and building waste.”
She stressed the application had only been received recently and that it would not be decided before May 25 at the earliest.
You may also want to watch:
She added: “As with any planning application, local residents will have a chance to have their say.”
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park