Waste collections to change in Welwyn Hatfield
FOOD waste will soon be collected every two weeks as Welwyn Hatfield Council extends its recycling scheme. Free food caddies will be handed out to residents who will be expected to fill their brown wheelie bin with the un
FOOD waste will soon be collected every two weeks as Welwyn Hatfield Council extends its recycling scheme.
Free food caddies will be handed out to residents who will be expected to fill their brown wheelie bin with the un-bagged leftovers.
The bin, which also holds garden waste and cardboard, will then be collected fortnightly.
General waste, excluding glass, cans and paper which can also be recycled, will continue to be collected weekly.
You may also want to watch:
* What do you think of the council's plans?
Will you recycle your food waste? Do you want food waste uncollected for a fortnight?
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01707 384183.