Warning after spate of burglaries in Welwyn Garden City
RESIDENTS are being warned to step up their security after a spate of burglaries across Times Territory in the last few weeks. Hertfordshire Constabulary has told homeowners in WGC to be on their guard, after a rise in the number of burglaries in the area
RESIDENTS are being warned to step up their security after a spate of burglaries across Times Territory in the last few weeks.
Hertfordshire Constabulary has told homeowners in WGC to be on their guard, after a rise in the number of burglaries in the area since Christmas.
Properties in Lemsford Lane, Valley Road, Harwood Hill, Little Rivers, Brockett Close, Mannicotts, Lynmouth Road, High Oaks Road and Willow Grove have all been raided.
One victim, Marilyn Cook of Mannicotts, next to WGC Golf Club, said: "We've had three burglaries in Mannicotts since Christmas.
You may also want to watch:
"My son's moped was stolen, dragged across the lawn and then dumped. We have got it back, but it has been damaged.
"We think they got in from the golf course."
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 3 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 7 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 8 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 9 ‘I want to inspire people’ - fundraiser set for sky dive in memory of mother
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
Police patrols are being assigned to specific areas at specific times in an attempt to combat the problem.
Watch liaison officer Christel Anslow said: "We would like residents to stay vigilant, and pay special attention to the security of their houses, cars and goods.
"Some of the burglaries were garage burglaries, so do secure your garage and the belongings within carefully.