VW campervan up for grabs for Help for Heroes
A CAMPERVAN lovingly restored from a wreck to a �20,000 vehicle is being raffled to raise funds for Help for Heroes.
Hatfield man James Young organised the project through his VW T4 website, which has more than 30,000 enthusiasts signed up.
Together the online community donated everything from a brand new 2.5 Tdi engine and wheels to paint and the skill and labour needed to return it to its former glory.
Now, ready to be lived in, the vehicle which was worked on by 30 people and took nine months to restore, is touring the country drumming up support for the charity which supports wounded servicemen and women.
For a �2 raffle ticket this van complete with pop-top, kitchenette and bedroom, could be yours.
You may also want to watch:
James, pictured right, from Holme Road, Hatfield Garden Village, is taking the VW T4 transporter to what he describes as “the Mecca for petrolheads” – the Ace Cafe in London – this weekend to give the appeal a further boost.
He said: “Everyone has chipped in, all the traders have helped too.
- 1 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 2 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 6 Six-year-old to raise money for Afghan refugees with readathon
- 7 Letchworth paedophile jailed for sexual activity with a child
- 8 7 haunted locations that will give you a Halloween fright
- 9 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 10 Liam Gallagher sells out his two Knebworth Park 2022 shows
“We’ve been touring the car shows and selling raffle tickets for �2.
“We want to raise as much as we can for Help for Heroes.”
The 44-year-old dad-of-two, who works for Welwyn Hatfield Council, added: “The forum started as a way for a few friends to stay in touch, but it’s grown and grown and to be able to help this charity is brilliant.”
*For more information or to buy a raffle ticket click on the link above right.