Volunteers needed at Welwyn Garden City hospital
A FEW hours of your time could help provide better facilities for hospital patients.
Around eight volunteers are wanted to help run the QE2 Hospital’s WRVS coffee shop which raises funds to enhance patient care facilities.
The local services manager, John McDonald, who runs the WGC shop, said: “We’ve had several volunteers retire over the last few months, many of these volunteers have several years service supporting the shop.
“WRVS charity shop has been at the QE2 since 1963, so we’re relying on the good will of people giving their time to volunteer so we can continue raising funds.”
Based in the outpatients ward, the store, which is open from 9.30am to 4pm Monday to Friday, sells hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, and confectionery.
You may also want to watch:
John added: “Volunteers will be asked to serve customers and restock the shop.
“However, the duties are different for each shift, training would be given for each separate shift.
- 1 Lloyds announce branch closure to leave Hatfield with one bank
- 2 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 5 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 6 Family of four ‘distraught’ after living in single hotel room for nearly five months after house fire
- 7 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 8 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 9 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 10 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
“Volunteering duties could be once a week or once a fortnight for about two to three hours, or more if they wish.
“Volunteers will be reimbursed travel expenses and parking is available.”
To get involved contact John on 07714 898706 or via the WRVS recruitment line 0845 601 4670.