Volunteer drivers wanted in Potters Bar
VOLUNTEERS are being sought for a scheme which helps people with mobility problems in Potters Bar. The community car scheme, which has been launched by Hertsmere Community Transport (HCT), aims to match people who have difficulty getting out and about wit
VOLUNTEERS are being sought for a scheme which helps people with mobility problems in Potters Bar.
The community car scheme, which has been launched by Hertsmere Community Transport (HCT), aims to match people who have difficulty getting out and about with drivers who can take them to medical appointments and other community facilities.
Jean Mackey uses the service to attend Potters Bar Community Hospital.
She said: "I have poor sight and walk with a stick so I find it hard to get to the bus stop and get on a bus. Having this service is great."
You may also want to watch:
Ann Donato, chief officer of HCT, said: "Now that we have started the car scheme in Potters Bar we are looking for more volunteer drivers."
She added: "Volunteering is flexible, enjoyable and is a rewarding way to help your community."
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Welwyn Garden City's Jodie Williams eases into Olympic 400m semi-final
- 6 Herts Council has 'pattern of mishandling children's services complaints'
- 7 Lack of confidence in Welwyn Hatfield council following housing safety scandal
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Potters Bar Town delighted with successful return of beer and music festival
- 10 It's coming home! Welwyn Garden City's Commemoration Jug claimed by Reis Suart
If you can help, call Ann on 0208 207 5055.