Volkswagen fans set up Welwyn Garden City club
A GROUP of campervan enthusiasts whose motto is “home is where you park it” has pitched up with a new club.
The VW fans from Welwyn Garden City have set up a new club for owners and drivers.
Co-founders Peter Monk and Darren Knight decided to form the local club after travelling to other VW clubs around the south-east.
The first meeting took place on November 10 at The Stanborough Beefeater, in Stanborough Road, WGC, and more than 20 vehicles and 30 people turned up to the inaugural motorcade.
The vehicles included a split campervan, bay window vans, Polo, Golf, Beetle and even a VW Trike.
You may also want to watch:
Peter said: “For a first meet we expected about 10 vehicles so to get 20 was unbelievable.”
Campervan owners Peter and Darren wanted a place to meet regularly with other VW enthusiasts and show off each other’s vehicles and discuss topics surrounding VWs.
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 7 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 8 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 9 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Peter said: “It’s a great club to come and meet and socialise with other owners and see what they have, we are very grateful to The Stanborough Beefeater for allowing us to use their car park and restaurant.”
Darren added: “This club is for the community and anybody with an interest is more than welcome to come along.”
The next meeting will take place at the same venue on Wednesday, December 8 from 7pm.
For more information contact Peter on 07831 162759.