Family fun at annual Baptist Church fun day in Welwyn Garden City.
- Credit: Archant
Visitors braved the rain to enjoy a bouncy castle, a rodeo and live music at a church fun day in Welwyn Garden City.
Christchurch Baptist Church in Parkway held its annual fun day last Saturday for people living in the Peartree area. Around 450 guests attended to eat burgers, ride a rodeo, and take part in free games and activities. There was also a bouncy castle, a bungee run and stalls including hook a duck, face-painting and hair-braiding.
Police community support officers attended with their car, and live music was provided by a local women’s choir and solo guitarists.
Fifty volunteers, most of whom were members of the church, helped to make the day a success despite the rainy weather.
Church minister Rev Simon Cragg said: “We love this community, and the Fun Day gives us a chance to get to know new people and see old faces as well.
You may also want to watch:
“It’s a privilege to welcome young and old to enjoy an afternoon of fun, on us.”
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 7 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 8 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 9 Getting wild at Panshanger Park with Herts and Middlesex Wildlife Trust
- 10 Pupils present cheque from Captain Tom 100 Challenge to charity