Visit Welwyn Hatfield pubs and get into beer festival free
FREE entry to a Hertfordshire beer festival could be on the cards if you grace a series of boozers with your presence. A passport scheme is being used to encourage people to return to the traditional boozers as part of the inaugural Local Pubs Week, which
FREE entry to a Hertfordshire beer festival could be on the cards if you grace a series of boozers with your presence.
A passport scheme is being used to encourage people to return to the traditional boozers as part of the inaugural Local Pubs Week, which finished today.
Organised by the Hertfordshire branches of Campaign for Real Ale (CAMRA), the scheme covers 35 pubs in the county.
Customers have to collect passport stamps in participating pubs each time they order a pint of real ale.
You may also want to watch:
When participants have visited 10 pubs and collected their individual stamps, they will receive a free pass to a Hertfordshire beer festival of their choice.
Their name will also be entered into a prize draw with 10 prizes - each winning three pints at the same beer festival.
- 1 Film crews spotted in Hatfield and Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 3 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 4 You Me At Six to play headline show at Hatfield's Slam Dunk Festival site
- 5 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 6 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 7 Northaw festivals bid rejected after summer of chaos
- 8 Sherrardswood School hosts family day event
- 9 Campaigners call on BioPark developers to collaborate
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The participating pubs have been selected due to their commitment to serving quality real ale and their continued support to local brewers.
Each pub has been accredited by their local CAMRA branch in Hertfordshire.
CAMRA spokesman Iain Loe said: "Our aim for this first Local Pubs Week is to simply show local people in Hertfordshire that there are a number of wonderful pubs on their doorstep which without community support are in danger of dying out in the current economic climate.
"By introducing a simple passport scheme for the week, we hope locals will be encouraged to get out and see these great pubs, and give them the support they deserve."
Pubs taking part in Times Territory include the Robin Hood and Little John, at Rabley Heath, the White Hart, in South Mimms, the Woodman, in Wildhill and the Woolmer Green-based Chequers.
For more of the pubs on the list and for a copy of the passport visit www.hertsale.org.uk and click on the LocAle Passport link.