Violent muggers threaten friends with knife in Hatfield
VIOLENT thugs threatened to stab two unsuspecting passers-by, in a brutal street robbery on Saturday night.
The two victims were savagely punched in the face by their assailants who told their victims they were carrying blades.
They were left with bruises, chipped teeth and a suspected broken nose in the vicious attack.
The mugging, which took place between 8.35pm and 8.40pm in Lark Rise, Hatfield, saw the two robbers escape with mobile phones, wallets earphones and alcohol.
The victims were a 21-year-old man from Birkenhead, Merseyside, and his friend, a 19-year-old, from Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Detective sergeant Neil Barella said: “This was a very unusual robbery where the offenders used violence to steal property.
“I’m sure there would have been witnesses to the robbery on Saturday night or perhaps you know who may be responsible?
- 1 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 2 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 3 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 New care home opens in Potters Bar
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 9 Hatfield Battle Proms concert is still going ahead as planned this summer
- 10 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
“A small black car was seen at the time – did you see who got in to it? We would like to hear from you.”
The muggers are described as white – one was aged between 20 and 27, about 5 ft 3, of large build and the second thug is described as being 5 ft 7, of thin build. They were both wearing dark clothing.
• Anyone who saw the robbery or knows who the robbers are should call Herts Police on 0845 33 00 222 quoting reference B2/10/4562.