Violent muggers threaten friends with knife in Hatfield
VIOLENT thugs threatened to stab two unsuspecting passers-by, in a brutal street robbery on Saturday night.
The two victims were savagely punched in the face by their assailants who told their victims they were carrying blades.
They were left with bruises, chipped teeth and a suspected broken nose in the vicious attack.
The mugging, which took place between 8.35pm and 8.40pm in Lark Rise, Hatfield, saw the two robbers escape with mobile phones, wallets earphones and alcohol.
The victims were a 21-year-old man from Birkenhead, Merseyside, and his friend, a 19-year-old, from Hatfield.
You may also want to watch:
Detective sergeant Neil Barella said: “This was a very unusual robbery where the offenders used violence to steal property.
“I’m sure there would have been witnesses to the robbery on Saturday night or perhaps you know who may be responsible?
- 1 Nearly 30 Insulate Britain protestors arrested this morning
- 2 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Application could see two festival sites next to each other
- 6 Ed Sheeran announces 2022 stadium tour: How to get tickets
- 7 Grant Shapps denounces Insulate Britain protesters as 'dangerous and counterproductive'
- 8 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 9 Stonehills road section to reopen soon - but delays to other work
- 10 Hertsmere: 6,000 home development included in Local Plan
“A small black car was seen at the time – did you see who got in to it? We would like to hear from you.”
The muggers are described as white – one was aged between 20 and 27, about 5 ft 3, of large build and the second thug is described as being 5 ft 7, of thin build. They were both wearing dark clothing.
• Anyone who saw the robbery or knows who the robbers are should call Herts Police on 0845 33 00 222 quoting reference B2/10/4562.