Village to star on tonight's Who Do You Think You Are?
WHO Do You Think You Are? will feature a Times Territory village tonight (Monday). The popular BBC ancestry programme focuses on the family tree of Geordie TV actor Kevin Whately, renowned for his role as Sgt Robert Lewis from the ITV hits
WHO Do You Think You Are? will feature a Times Territory village tonight (Monday).
The popular BBC ancestry programme focuses on the family tree of Geordie TV actor Kevin Whately, renowned for his role as Sgt Robert Lewis from the ITV hits Inspector Morse and Lewis.
As he goes through his family's history, he discovers that some of his ancestors' secrets lie in Watton-at-Stone.
The WHT exclusively revealed in March last year that the Auf Wiedersehen, Pet actor was spotted in the George and Dragon, having some grub.
However, he was not just there enjoying the food, he was in fact on a mission at the St Andrew and St Mary's Church, in Church Lane, uncovering 16th century registers that feature his family.
A BBC spokeswoman said: "He was looking baptism records of some very distant ancestors who were christened there.
- 1 Uni of Herts student loses arm on Turkish holiday
- 2 14 bank cards stolen due to ATM fraud
- 3 Snakes abandoned in pillow case outside Potters Bar reptile shop
- 4 Campaigners close in on fundraising target ahead BioPark appeal
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dancing in the streets at first WGC Vintage Festival
- 7 Children take to the stage for Potters Bar talent show
- 8 Potters Bar RSPCA looking for new homes for farm animals
- 9 Multi-vehicle crash on M25 near Potters Bar
- 10 Head injury follows taxi assault in Potters Bar
"These turned out to be the 'Thompson Brothers', who went on to become incredibly wealthy puritans who were friends with and financiers of Oliver Cromwell."
The village will be in the limelight at 9pm tonight on BBC1.