Village fete is a roaring success
LEWIS Hamilton-signed memorabilia gave the inaugural auction at the Tewin village fete a roaring start this weekend.
While the village’s race ace was out in Valencia qualifying for the European Grand Prix on Saturday, a shirt and book autographed by the McLaren man was helping to raise funds for the village kitty, in what was a “glorious day”.
Fellow Tewin-based celeb Jake Wood, aka EastEnders fave Max Branning, revelled with other villagers in the heat with the traditional fete attractions and stalls, including a coconut shy that was so popular it ran out of coconuts.
Fete committee chairman Lynn Farr said: “It was the biggest turnout ever, people came really early and stayed to the end.
“All the stalls were very popular and the first auction went down really well – we had 10 tickets for a Saracens game up for grabs, a meal and a bottle of wine, a family photoshoot, as well as the signed Lewis Hamilton shirt and book.
You may also want to watch:
“The raffle also had over 20 prizes and the entertainment was also very good.”
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17