Village fete is a roaring success
LEWIS Hamilton-signed memorabilia gave the inaugural auction at the Tewin village fete a roaring start this weekend.
While the village’s race ace was out in Valencia qualifying for the European Grand Prix on Saturday, a shirt and book autographed by the McLaren man was helping to raise funds for the village kitty, in what was a “glorious day”.
Fellow Tewin-based celeb Jake Wood, aka EastEnders fave Max Branning, revelled with other villagers in the heat with the traditional fete attractions and stalls, including a coconut shy that was so popular it ran out of coconuts.
Fete committee chairman Lynn Farr said: “It was the biggest turnout ever, people came really early and stayed to the end.
“All the stalls were very popular and the first auction went down really well – we had 10 tickets for a Saracens game up for grabs, a meal and a bottle of wine, a family photoshoot, as well as the signed Lewis Hamilton shirt and book.
You may also want to watch:
“The raffle also had over 20 prizes and the entertainment was also very good.”
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 3 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 7 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 8 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 9 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 10 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk