Village fete is a roaring success
LEWIS Hamilton-signed memorabilia gave the inaugural auction at the Tewin village fete a roaring start this weekend.
While the village’s race ace was out in Valencia qualifying for the European Grand Prix on Saturday, a shirt and book autographed by the McLaren man was helping to raise funds for the village kitty, in what was a “glorious day”.
Fellow Tewin-based celeb Jake Wood, aka EastEnders fave Max Branning, revelled with other villagers in the heat with the traditional fete attractions and stalls, including a coconut shy that was so popular it ran out of coconuts.
Fete committee chairman Lynn Farr said: “It was the biggest turnout ever, people came really early and stayed to the end.
“All the stalls were very popular and the first auction went down really well – we had 10 tickets for a Saracens game up for grabs, a meal and a bottle of wine, a family photoshoot, as well as the signed Lewis Hamilton shirt and book.
You may also want to watch:
“The raffle also had over 20 prizes and the entertainment was also very good.”
- 1 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Unanimous vote to close overnight service at Welwyn Garden City Urgent Care Centre
- 4 Welwyn nursery manager meets Boris Johnson at Downing Street reception
- 5 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
- 6 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 Young girl ‘shaken’ after phone placed under toilet cubicle
- 9 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 10 New free live music event set for Hertford Castle's grounds