Village chimney fire sparks 999 operation

PUBLISHED: 10:35 17 February 2014 | UPDATED: 10:35 17 February 2014

Firefighters tackled the blaze in Cuffley

Firefighters tackled the blaze in Cuffley

Archant

Crews from Potters Bar Fire Station were called to a chimney fire in Cuffley this morning (Monday).

Herts Fire Control said crews from the base on Mutton Lane rushed to the scene at Bradgate in the village.

A backpack sprayer was required to extinguish the fire.

A fire service spokesman said the call came in at 6.40am, and firefighters left the scene shortly before 8am.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times