View new plans for Splashlands in Welwyn Garden City
PLANS for the redevelopment of Splashlands will be on display to the public tomorrow (Saturday).
Welwyn Hatfield Council is pushing forward with the proposals for the former outdoor swimming pool site on Stanborough Lakes, WGC.
No replacement pool is included but there is a wet play area, adventure play area, and education play area suitable for educational visits.
A separate high ropes attraction near the River Lea, changing huts, an education room, cafe and refurbished toilet facilities, look set to be provided.
Council leader John Dean said: “The plans for Splashlands are very exciting and I’m delighted we are now at a stage, following extensive research and planning, a planning application is due to be submitted.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re committed to making this a project to be proud of, while being appropriate for the area.
“The proposal offers fun, learning and excitement to this popular facility.
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 5 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 6 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 7 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 8 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 9 Foundation makes much-needed toy donation to Welwyn Garden City school
- 10 Revealed: The areas of Hertfordshire with the most consistent house price growth
“This will make a visit to Stanborough a fuller and more enjoyable experience for all the family.”
The exhibition will be taking place in the Howard Centre near WH Smith and Boots between 9am and 3pm.