Video: Tornado steam train passes through Welwyn Hatfield
HUNDREDS of interested onlookers flocked to see the Tornado steam locomotive pass through a snow-covered Times Territory at the weekend. The engine is the first main line steam locomotive to be
HUNDREDS of interested onlookers flocked to see the Tornado steam locomotive pass through a snow-covered Times Territory at the weekend.
The engine is the first main line steam locomotive to be built in the UK for some 50 years.
And on Saturday she pulled her first long distance train from Darlington to London King's Cross.
Despite cold weather and a 45 minute delay, throngs of people gathered at Welwyn North, WGC, Hatfield and Potters Bar to see her passage.
You may also want to watch:
Did you see the Tornado on Saturday? If so email your pictures and thoughts to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 2 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 9 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 10 Henry Moore Foundation in Hertfordshire appears in new Fake or Fortune? series on BBC One