Video: Protest against Hatfield incinerator takes place
AROUND 20 people, including politicians, environmental campaigners and concerned residents gathered at County Hall in Hertford this afternoon (Wednesday) to protest against council plans to build an incinerator
AROUND 20 people, including politicians, environmental campaigners and concerned residents gathered at County Hall in Hertford this afternoon (Wednesday) to protest against council plans to build an incinerator in Hatfield.
Activists from Welwyn Hatfield Friends of the Earth joined local Liberal Democrats and Green party members to demonstrate against the construction of the waste management facility, which has been earmarked for New Barnfield, in Travellers Lane, Hatfield.
Welwyn Hatfield Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj told the WHT that New Barnfield, which is located next to Southfield School was the wrong site for any type of waste site.
He added: "There are better methods of disposing of our waste."
You may also want to watch:
Following the protest, Mr Zukowskyj handed the council a petition with 220 signatures against the incinerator.
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 3 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 4 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 5 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 6 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 7 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 8 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 9 Explore Hertford Castle at free open day
- 10 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed