Video: Protest against Hatfield incinerator takes place
AROUND 20 people, including politicians, environmental campaigners and concerned residents gathered at County Hall in Hertford this afternoon (Wednesday) to protest against council plans to build an incinerator
AROUND 20 people, including politicians, environmental campaigners and concerned residents gathered at County Hall in Hertford this afternoon (Wednesday) to protest against council plans to build an incinerator in Hatfield.
Activists from Welwyn Hatfield Friends of the Earth joined local Liberal Democrats and Green party members to demonstrate against the construction of the waste management facility, which has been earmarked for New Barnfield, in Travellers Lane, Hatfield.
Welwyn Hatfield Lib Dem parliamentary candidate Paul Zukowskyj told the WHT that New Barnfield, which is located next to Southfield School was the wrong site for any type of waste site.
He added: "There are better methods of disposing of our waste."
You may also want to watch:
Following the protest, Mr Zukowskyj handed the council a petition with 220 signatures against the incinerator.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 6 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 7 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children