Video: Hatfield boffin pens 'Ideal' David Bowie track
AN academic at the University of Hertfordshire has written, recorded and released the ideal David Bowie song. Musician Dr Nick Troop analysed each of the Thin White Duke's 266 songs for links between lyrics and
AN academic at the University of Hertfordshire has written, recorded and released the 'ideal' David Bowie song.
Musician Dr Nick Troop analysed each of the Thin White Duke's 266 songs for links between lyrics and chart success, before penning the track, entitled Team, Meet Girls; Girls, Meet Team.
Dr Troop, the principal lecturer in health psychology at the Hatfield-based university, used a program called the Linguistic Inquiry and Word Count (LIWC) to breakdown Bowie's songs.
He said: "I looked at the link between the language used and how long Bowie's albums had spent in the charts.
You may also want to watch:
"I found that the songs with positive emotion and social processes were more successful than the songs that talked about mortality."
The song, which is released on video-sharing website YouTube today (Tuesday), can also be heard by view the video above.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 5 Council named wrong town planner as Garden City's principle creator
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 9 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 10 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home