Video: Hatfield boffin pens 'Ideal' David Bowie track
AN academic at the University of Hertfordshire has written, recorded and released the ideal David Bowie song. Musician Dr Nick Troop analysed each of the Thin White Duke's 266 songs for links between lyrics and
AN academic at the University of Hertfordshire has written, recorded and released the 'ideal' David Bowie song.
Musician Dr Nick Troop analysed each of the Thin White Duke's 266 songs for links between lyrics and chart success, before penning the track, entitled Team, Meet Girls; Girls, Meet Team.
Dr Troop, the principal lecturer in health psychology at the Hatfield-based university, used a program called the Linguistic Inquiry and Word Count (LIWC) to breakdown Bowie's songs.
He said: "I looked at the link between the language used and how long Bowie's albums had spent in the charts.
You may also want to watch:
"I found that the songs with positive emotion and social processes were more successful than the songs that talked about mortality."
The song, which is released on video-sharing website YouTube today (Tuesday), can also be heard by view the video above.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 5 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 6 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 9 This week's pick of the movies made in Herts on TV
- 10 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?