Video: Hatfield boffin pens 'Ideal' David Bowie track
AN academic at the University of Hertfordshire has written, recorded and released the ideal David Bowie song. Musician Dr Nick Troop analysed each of the Thin White Duke's 266 songs for links between lyrics and
AN academic at the University of Hertfordshire has written, recorded and released the 'ideal' David Bowie song.
Musician Dr Nick Troop analysed each of the Thin White Duke's 266 songs for links between lyrics and chart success, before penning the track, entitled Team, Meet Girls; Girls, Meet Team.
Dr Troop, the principal lecturer in health psychology at the Hatfield-based university, used a program called the Linguistic Inquiry and Word Count (LIWC) to breakdown Bowie's songs.
He said: "I looked at the link between the language used and how long Bowie's albums had spent in the charts.
You may also want to watch:
"I found that the songs with positive emotion and social processes were more successful than the songs that talked about mortality."
The song, which is released on video-sharing website YouTube today (Tuesday), can also be heard by view the video above.
- 1 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 2 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 3 Charity golf day raises thousands for the Willow Foundation
- 4 Ex-England star returns to former school for launch of environmental football campaign
- 5 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 6 Christmas event plans revealed for Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 8 Businesses to decide on future of Welwyn Garden City BID as renewal campaign gets underway
- 9 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 10 Councillor Steven Markiewicz dies from illness after 17 years of service