Video: Hatfield boffin pens 'Ideal' David Bowie track
AN academic at the University of Hertfordshire has written, recorded and released the ideal David Bowie song. Musician Dr Nick Troop analysed each of the Thin White Duke's 266 songs for links between lyrics and
AN academic at the University of Hertfordshire has written, recorded and released the 'ideal' David Bowie song.
Musician Dr Nick Troop analysed each of the Thin White Duke's 266 songs for links between lyrics and chart success, before penning the track, entitled Team, Meet Girls; Girls, Meet Team.
Dr Troop, the principal lecturer in health psychology at the Hatfield-based university, used a program called the Linguistic Inquiry and Word Count (LIWC) to breakdown Bowie's songs.
He said: "I looked at the link between the language used and how long Bowie's albums had spent in the charts.
You may also want to watch:
"I found that the songs with positive emotion and social processes were more successful than the songs that talked about mortality."
The song, which is released on video-sharing website YouTube today (Tuesday), can also be heard by view the video above.
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’