Vicious mugging of cyclist
TWO Irish men travelling in a car took part in a vicious assault on a cyclist in Hatfield. The 29-year-old man was attacked after being stopped by a red Vauxhall Astra on Mosquito Way at 10.15pm on Easter Sunday. A man got out of the car, threatening th
TWO Irish men travelling in a car took part in a vicious assault on a cyclist in Hatfield.
The 29-year-old man was attacked after being stopped by a red Vauxhall Astra on Mosquito Way at 10.15pm on Easter Sunday.
A man got out of the car, threatening the cyclist for his money.
The victim, from Hatfield, tried to ride away but was knocked off his bike.
You may also want to watch:
Another man then joined the first man in assaulting him.
They then took a small amount of money off him and got back into the car.
- 1 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 8 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 9 Girls of Potters Bar Crusaders happy with draw at hot Harpenden
- 10 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
A third man, the driver, drove off in the direction of Coopers Green Lane.
The victim was left covered in cuts and bruises.
All men have strong Irish accents and were white.
The first attacker is around 5ft 8in to 5ft 10in tall, of a slim build and aged between 23- to 26-years-old.
He is described as having an oval shaped face and light brown hair, in the style of Elvis Presley.
The second attacker is around 5ft 6in tall, around 23- to 26-years-old and of a stocky build.
He is described as having a round face with stubble, short brown hair and having a gap between his top front teeth.
The driver of the car is described as being around 28-years-old and looking similar to the first man.
A dark coloured VW Passat taxi was seen in the area at the time of the attack and police are keen to trace the driver.
Pc Emily Martin said: "I would like to speak to the driver of the taxi as they may have seen something which could really help our investigation.
"The incident would have been very distressing for the victim and I would urge anyone else who saw it, or knows anything about it, to please come forward."
If you have any information call Pc Martin, at Hatfield police station on 01707 638129.