Vet college near Potters Bar evacuated after fire

PUBLISHED: 14:13 06 September 2016 | UPDATED: 14:19 06 September 2016

A fire broke out at the Royal Veterinary College in Potters Bar

A fire broke out at the Royal Veterinary College in Potters Bar

Archant

A washing machine caught fire at the Royal Veterinary College near Potters Bar.

The small fire broke out at 12.14pm today, on the ground floor of the three-storey building in Hawkshead Lane.

Two fire crews tackled the blaze using breathing apparatus, a hose reel and dry powder extinguisher.

The fire, which started in a washing machine, is believed to be accidental.

Firefighters left the scene by 12.51pm.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Welwyn Hatfield Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Welwyn Hatfield Times