Two trees crush van in Potters Bar
- Credit: Kevin Taylor
A builder in Potters Bar was shocked when he heard a loud bang and found his van crushed under two large trees.
Around 1.30pm yesterday Kevin Taylor was working on a house on Cedar Close, when he heard a noise but he assumed it was just the scaffolding.
Kevin, of Sailsbury builders, said: "We were on the scaffolding and heard a creaking, we thought it was the scaffolding
However after hearing the loud noise Kevin saw his van pinned under two large trees.
Kevin added: "If anyone was down the road at the time they would be dead".
You may also want to watch:
Thankfully no one was injured in the incident.
The van is likely to need extensive repairs after suffering a lot of damage, with the roof being serverly dented and disfigured.
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 6 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 7 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 8 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 9 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 10 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
The trees were cleared away from the van within a few hours.