Emergency services deal with A414 Welwyn Hatfield van fire
- Credit: Supplied
Emergency services dealt with a vehicle fire near Cole Green this morning, which caused traffic delays in the area for more than an hour.
A Herts Fire and Rescue spokesperson said crews were called out at 8.19am to a “well alight” van.
“Two engines attended, one from Welwyn Garden City and one from Hatfield,” the spokesperson said.
“One person at the scene received medical assistance for minor injuries.
“They were stood down at 9.17am.”
You may also want to watch:
One lane of the A414 (Hatfield Road) by the Holwell roundabout was closed due to the fire, but has since reopened.
The incident was earlier causing 17 minute delays, which have now cleared, according to Herts Highways.
- 1 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 2 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 3 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 6 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
- 7 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 8 COVID-19 outbreaks now in half of all Herts care homes
- 9 Bank becomes latest to be lost from town centre
- 10 Former Spitfire and Hurricane engineer celebrates 100th birthday
A police spokesperson said: “Police were called by the fire service at 8.22am today to assist with an incident on the A414 by the Holwell roundabout.
“A vehicle was on fire and officers are currently at the scene assisting with traffic control.
“Recovery is being arranged for the vehicle.”