Emergency services deal with A414 Welwyn Hatfield van fire
- Credit: Supplied
Emergency services dealt with a vehicle fire near Cole Green this morning, which caused traffic delays in the area for more than an hour.
A Herts Fire and Rescue spokesperson said crews were called out at 8.19am to a “well alight” van.
“Two engines attended, one from Welwyn Garden City and one from Hatfield,” the spokesperson said.
“One person at the scene received medical assistance for minor injuries.
“They were stood down at 9.17am.”
You may also want to watch:
One lane of the A414 (Hatfield Road) by the Holwell roundabout was closed due to the fire, but has since reopened.
The incident was earlier causing 17 minute delays, which have now cleared, according to Herts Highways.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility
- 4 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 5 Welwyn Garden City Beaver raises more than £100 for NHS with yard sale
- 6 M25 protesters could face prison after Government secures injunction
- 7 12 year old girl hospitalised after being hit by car
- 8 Arson attack on two cars in Hatfield street
- 9 First Slam Dunk Festival 2022 headliners announced for Hatfield Park
- 10 Bargains for shoppers at exclusive Hatfield Galleria VIP event
A police spokesperson said: “Police were called by the fire service at 8.22am today to assist with an incident on the A414 by the Holwell roundabout.
“A vehicle was on fire and officers are currently at the scene assisting with traffic control.
“Recovery is being arranged for the vehicle.”