Van crashes through pub fence
A VAN ploughed through a village pub’s fence, ruining �1,000 of Christmas decorations during the wintry weather.
But it could have been much worse according to Ian Hartley, landlord of The Sun Inn, in Lemsford.
He was furious about a “lack of salt on the road” – despite the county council claiming it was gritted 14 times in the space of six days.
The smash, which involved a red Ford Transit van, happened at 11.20am on December 22, damaging the lights and part of the fence.
The road is classed as a ‘Priority One, Primary Road’ by Herts Highways – meaning it’s a precautionary salting route. A Herts Highways spokeswoman said gritters were out during the early hours on that day and residents could find out exactly where and when the workers had been out via www.hertsdirect.org
You may also want to watch:
For more on this see this week’s Welwyn Hatfield Times.
- 1 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 4 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 5 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 6 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
- 7 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 8 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 9 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 10 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best