Update: Two taken to hospital after A1(M) crash
TWO people have been taken to hospital after a car flipped on the A1(M) motorway today. A 52-year-old woman had to be cut out of a blue Renault Clio after it overturned on the southbound carriageway, close to junction 5 at WGC, just before 3pm this afternoon
FOUR people have been taken to hospital after a car hit the central reservation and flipped on the A1(M) motorway.
A 52-year-old woman from Blackpool had to be cut out of a blue Renault Clio after it overturned on the southbound carriageway, close to junction 5 at WGC, just before 3pm this afternoon (Wednesday).
She was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage with a fractured collarbone and fractured hand.
A 60-year-old man from Staffordshire was taken to the same hospital with a hand injury.
You may also want to watch:
Two other passengers, a 28-year-old woman from Blackpool and a 57-year-old woman from Staffordshire, suffered minor injuries.
The southbound carriageway has now re-opened and traffic is returning to normal as the evening rush hour gets under way.
- 1 Planning application submitted for 173-space car park and mobile café at park
- 2 Preparation works under way for Stonehills revamp
- 3 Man suffers fractured skull and bleed on the brain after pub assault
- 4 What to do if you see these hazardous caterpillars in a park
- 5 Delight for performing arts school as song hits number one in iTunes classical charts
- 6 Mum's proud of soldier son's guard of honour role at Prince Philip's funeral
- 7 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 8 'These heroes deserve a proper pay rise' - Demonstration of support for NHS workers to be held outside New QEII
- 9 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 10 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
Police are appealing for any witnesses who saw the accident to come forward.
PC Adam Frost said: "It is unknown at this stage why the vehicle came to collide with the central reservation. I am appealing for anyone who has any information or who witnessed the collision to come forward and contact me."
Call 0845 33 00 222 if you have any information.