Update: Two taken to hospital after A1(M) crash
TWO people have been taken to hospital after a car flipped on the A1(M) motorway today. A 52-year-old woman had to be cut out of a blue Renault Clio after it overturned on the southbound carriageway, close to junction 5 at WGC, just before 3pm this afternoon
FOUR people have been taken to hospital after a car hit the central reservation and flipped on the A1(M) motorway.
A 52-year-old woman from Blackpool had to be cut out of a blue Renault Clio after it overturned on the southbound carriageway, close to junction 5 at WGC, just before 3pm this afternoon (Wednesday).
She was taken to the Lister Hospital in Stevenage with a fractured collarbone and fractured hand.
A 60-year-old man from Staffordshire was taken to the same hospital with a hand injury.
You may also want to watch:
Two other passengers, a 28-year-old woman from Blackpool and a 57-year-old woman from Staffordshire, suffered minor injuries.
The southbound carriageway has now re-opened and traffic is returning to normal as the evening rush hour gets under way.
- 1 'Welwyn will no longer have the right to call itself a garden city' - warning over development plans for Broadwater Road
- 2 Hollywood heads to Hertfordshire with £700m Sunset Studios film and TV development plans announced
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Free gift card when you park in Welwyn Garden City this summer
- 5 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 6 Roll up! Roll up! Hatfield goes to the circus!
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 Hollywood in Hertfordshire: 17 film stars and movie directors who have visited Welwyn Hatfield
- 9 Youngsters playing their part as Welwyn Garden City look to continue punching above their weight
- 10 Aspirations to win the league has Ben Spaul excited to be back at Welwyn
Police are appealing for any witnesses who saw the accident to come forward.
PC Adam Frost said: "It is unknown at this stage why the vehicle came to collide with the central reservation. I am appealing for anyone who has any information or who witnessed the collision to come forward and contact me."
Call 0845 33 00 222 if you have any information.