Update: Refuse collections in Welwyn Hatfield suspended for a third day
REFUSE and recycling collections are not taking place today (Wednesday) across Welwyn Hatfield. But Welwyn Hatfield Council's vital Meals on Wheel
REFUSE and recycling collections are not taking place today (Wednesday) across Welwyn Hatfield.
But Welwyn Hatfield Council's vital Meals on Wheels service is being resumed.
The service which provides hot meals for 180 elderly and disabled residents across the borough did not run on Monday or yesterday due to health and safety fears.
A council spokeswoman said the decision to not send out refuse and recycling trucks was taken by contractor Serco at 5am.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "From 5am onwards each day this week, Serco management has been visiting the areas due to be serviced.
"They have been testing conditions and assessing the viability of providing a service.
- 1 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 2 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 3 Taxi driver found guilty of driving offences
- 4 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 7 Travel blogger quarantined in Canada after returning home for funeral
- 8 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 9 Parents thank school for going 'above and beyond' to include children who had to shield for over a year
- 10 Galleria launches 'We Love Local' venture for businesses
"Operatives have been held back in the hope that some sort of service could be provided, to date, regrettably, this has not been possible due to the icy weather.
"Those collections not made between Monday and today, will instead be attended to on your next scheduled day.
"A decision will be taken tomorrow - Thursday 5 February - as to whether collections due later in the week will go ahead."