Update: Refuse collections in Welwyn Hatfield suspended for a third day
REFUSE and recycling collections are not taking place today (Wednesday) across Welwyn Hatfield. But Welwyn Hatfield Council's vital Meals on Wheel
REFUSE and recycling collections are not taking place today (Wednesday) across Welwyn Hatfield.
But Welwyn Hatfield Council's vital Meals on Wheels service is being resumed.
The service which provides hot meals for 180 elderly and disabled residents across the borough did not run on Monday or yesterday due to health and safety fears.
A council spokeswoman said the decision to not send out refuse and recycling trucks was taken by contractor Serco at 5am.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "From 5am onwards each day this week, Serco management has been visiting the areas due to be serviced.
"They have been testing conditions and assessing the viability of providing a service.
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 4 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 6 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
"Operatives have been held back in the hope that some sort of service could be provided, to date, regrettably, this has not been possible due to the icy weather.
"Those collections not made between Monday and today, will instead be attended to on your next scheduled day.
"A decision will be taken tomorrow - Thursday 5 February - as to whether collections due later in the week will go ahead."