Update: Pensioner crushed in freak accident in Hatfield
A PENSIONER was rushed to hospital with 'terrible leg injuries' after a freak car accident involving three OAP brothers. Five police cars and an ambulance rushed to Broad Acres, in Hatfield Garden Village following the incident, at around 5pm on Saturday.
A PENSIONER was rushed to hospital with "terrible leg injuries" after a freak car accident involving three OAP brothers.
Five police cars and an ambulance rushed to Broad Acres, in Hatfield Garden Village following the incident, at around 5pm on Saturday.
An eye witness, who asked not to be named, told the WHT: "Two brothers were reversing out of the third brother's drive.
"The third brother was standing in the road directing the car which seemed to continue reversing at speed, knocking him down crushing him into another car."
You may also want to watch:
The resident said the reversing vehicle then collided with a 6ft brick wall, before smashing into a 5ft fence and stopping feet from the front door of a home.
The 35-year-old, who had been cleaning his car at the time of the accident, described the victim's leg injuries as "terrible".
- 1 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 4 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 5 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 6 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 7 Conservatives hit back at Lib Dems over Local Plan collapse claims
- 8 'Another Jo Cox' - Hatfield councillor predicted MP attack months before David Amess death
- 9 Plans drawn up to reduce places at primary schools due to surplus
- 10 Isabel Hospice Lights of Love ceremonies return to celebrate the lives of loved ones lost
A police spokeswoman said: "We were called to reports of a pedestrian being in collision with a vehicle.
"The driver was an 88-year-old man and the pedestrian a 76-year-old man.
"The incident occurred while the vehicle was reversing and another vehicle was involved as well.
"A garden wall and wooden fence were also damaged."
Police spent more than two hours at the scene and a section of Broad Acres was cordoned off.
The injured man is currently in a comfortable condition at the QE2 Hospital in WGC.