Update: Pensioner crushed in freak accident in Hatfield
A PENSIONER was rushed to hospital with 'terrible leg injuries' after a freak car accident involving three OAP brothers. Five police cars and an ambulance rushed to Broad Acres, in Hatfield Garden Village following the incident, at around 5pm on Saturday.
A PENSIONER was rushed to hospital with "terrible leg injuries" after a freak car accident involving three OAP brothers.
Five police cars and an ambulance rushed to Broad Acres, in Hatfield Garden Village following the incident, at around 5pm on Saturday.
An eye witness, who asked not to be named, told the WHT: "Two brothers were reversing out of the third brother's drive.
"The third brother was standing in the road directing the car which seemed to continue reversing at speed, knocking him down crushing him into another car."
You may also want to watch:
The resident said the reversing vehicle then collided with a 6ft brick wall, before smashing into a 5ft fence and stopping feet from the front door of a home.
The 35-year-old, who had been cleaning his car at the time of the accident, described the victim's leg injuries as "terrible".
- 1 Driving scheme for 10 to 17 year olds launches in Hatfield
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Is Hertfordshire set to become the new British Hollywood?
- 4 Pregnant woman jailed for more than two years for killing cyclist
- 5 Enjoy the park but treat it with the respect it deserves, says manager
- 6 Rail passengers warned of three-day closure at London King's Cross station
- 7 Tributes to 'fearless and magnificent' former Queenswood School pupil and Peaky Blinders star Helen McCrory
- 8 Fantastic florist and art gallery opens in Hatfield following lockdown easing
- 9 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 10 School donates textbooks to help communities in Kenya
A police spokeswoman said: "We were called to reports of a pedestrian being in collision with a vehicle.
"The driver was an 88-year-old man and the pedestrian a 76-year-old man.
"The incident occurred while the vehicle was reversing and another vehicle was involved as well.
"A garden wall and wooden fence were also damaged."
Police spent more than two hours at the scene and a section of Broad Acres was cordoned off.
The injured man is currently in a comfortable condition at the QE2 Hospital in WGC.