Update: Pensioner crushed in freak accident in Hatfield
A PENSIONER was rushed to hospital with 'terrible leg injuries' after a freak car accident involving three OAP brothers. Five police cars and an ambulance rushed to Broad Acres, in Hatfield Garden Village following the incident, at around 5pm on Saturday.
A PENSIONER was rushed to hospital with "terrible leg injuries" after a freak car accident involving three OAP brothers.
Five police cars and an ambulance rushed to Broad Acres, in Hatfield Garden Village following the incident, at around 5pm on Saturday.
An eye witness, who asked not to be named, told the WHT: "Two brothers were reversing out of the third brother's drive.
"The third brother was standing in the road directing the car which seemed to continue reversing at speed, knocking him down crushing him into another car."
You may also want to watch:
The resident said the reversing vehicle then collided with a 6ft brick wall, before smashing into a 5ft fence and stopping feet from the front door of a home.
The 35-year-old, who had been cleaning his car at the time of the accident, described the victim's leg injuries as "terrible".
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 3 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 9 Officer injured and music equipment and alcohol seized after party
- 10 Old school gym demolished to make way for new facility
A police spokeswoman said: "We were called to reports of a pedestrian being in collision with a vehicle.
"The driver was an 88-year-old man and the pedestrian a 76-year-old man.
"The incident occurred while the vehicle was reversing and another vehicle was involved as well.
"A garden wall and wooden fence were also damaged."
Police spent more than two hours at the scene and a section of Broad Acres was cordoned off.
The injured man is currently in a comfortable condition at the QE2 Hospital in WGC.