Update: Pensioner crushed in freak accident in Hatfield
A PENSIONER was rushed to hospital with 'terrible leg injuries' after a freak car accident involving three OAP brothers. Five police cars and an ambulance rushed to Broad Acres, in Hatfield Garden Village following the incident, at around 5pm on Saturday.
A PENSIONER was rushed to hospital with "terrible leg injuries" after a freak car accident involving three OAP brothers.
Five police cars and an ambulance rushed to Broad Acres, in Hatfield Garden Village following the incident, at around 5pm on Saturday.
An eye witness, who asked not to be named, told the WHT: "Two brothers were reversing out of the third brother's drive.
"The third brother was standing in the road directing the car which seemed to continue reversing at speed, knocking him down crushing him into another car."
You may also want to watch:
The resident said the reversing vehicle then collided with a 6ft brick wall, before smashing into a 5ft fence and stopping feet from the front door of a home.
The 35-year-old, who had been cleaning his car at the time of the accident, described the victim's leg injuries as "terrible".
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital
- 6 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 7 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 8 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 9 Skills the way forward for Hertfordshire’s Covid recovery as new strategy launched
- 10 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
A police spokeswoman said: "We were called to reports of a pedestrian being in collision with a vehicle.
"The driver was an 88-year-old man and the pedestrian a 76-year-old man.
"The incident occurred while the vehicle was reversing and another vehicle was involved as well.
"A garden wall and wooden fence were also damaged."
Police spent more than two hours at the scene and a section of Broad Acres was cordoned off.
The injured man is currently in a comfortable condition at the QE2 Hospital in WGC.