Update: Fire in Hatfield
FIREFIGHTERS have been called out to a blaze in Hazel Grove, Hatfield. Smoke was seen billowing across the A1
FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a fire in Hazel Grove, Hatfield.
Smoke was seen billowing across the A1(M) shortly before 3.30pm today (Wednesday).
A crew from Hatfield was sent to the scene.
A fire service spokeswoman said: "It turned out to be someone having a bonfire.
You may also want to watch:
"So the call was listed as false alarm with good intentions."
She added: "We're not in the habit of putting people's bonfires out."
- 1 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 2 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 3 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 10 Community reacts to closure of overnight Urgent Care Centre service at New QEII Hospital