Update: Fire in Hatfield
FIREFIGHTERS have been called out to a blaze in Hazel Grove, Hatfield. Smoke was seen billowing across the A1
FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a fire in Hazel Grove, Hatfield.
Smoke was seen billowing across the A1(M) shortly before 3.30pm today (Wednesday).
A crew from Hatfield was sent to the scene.
A fire service spokeswoman said: "It turned out to be someone having a bonfire.
You may also want to watch:
"So the call was listed as false alarm with good intentions."
She added: "We're not in the habit of putting people's bonfires out."
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
- 3 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 8 Student wins prestigious cyber security award and trip to NASA
- 9 Chatty duo want to help build community with conversation
- 10 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week