Update: Fire in Hatfield
FIREFIGHTERS have been called out to a blaze in Hazel Grove, Hatfield. Smoke was seen billowing across the A1
FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a fire in Hazel Grove, Hatfield.
Smoke was seen billowing across the A1(M) shortly before 3.30pm today (Wednesday).
A crew from Hatfield was sent to the scene.
A fire service spokeswoman said: "It turned out to be someone having a bonfire.
You may also want to watch:
"So the call was listed as false alarm with good intentions."
She added: "We're not in the habit of putting people's bonfires out."
- 1 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
- 2 Rural land near Welwyn to go on sale next month
- 3 9 questions to decide how Welwyn Garden City you are!
- 4 Log thrown through hairdressers' window in Knebworth
- 5 £45m housing development to be showcased as buyers get chance to select home
- 6 Primary school receives award for excellence in science education
- 7 Residents and councillors react to Lloyds Bank closure
- 8 Meet the woman behind Welwyn Garden City’s Halloween postbox topper
- 9 Serial flasher who 'showed no remorse' jailed
- 10 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?