Update: Fire in Hatfield
FIREFIGHTERS have been called out to a blaze in Hazel Grove, Hatfield. Smoke was seen billowing across the A1
FIREFIGHTERS were called out to a fire in Hazel Grove, Hatfield.
Smoke was seen billowing across the A1(M) shortly before 3.30pm today (Wednesday).
A crew from Hatfield was sent to the scene.
A fire service spokeswoman said: "It turned out to be someone having a bonfire.
You may also want to watch:
"So the call was listed as false alarm with good intentions."
She added: "We're not in the habit of putting people's bonfires out."
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 3 'We need to be heard and treated fairly' – dog groomers demand after not receiving COVID grant
- 4 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 5 Icy weather continues to suspend bin collections
- 6 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 More than 15 social housing homes open at £6.7 million development
- 9 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 10 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout