Update: Did you see Hatfield road crash?
A CYCLIST has been taken to hospital with serious head injuries following an accident earlier this afternoon (Wednesday) in Hatfield. The air ambulance was called to St Albans Road East at around 12.50pm after the cyclist, a 51-year-old man from Barnet,
A CYCLIST has been taken to hospital with serious head injuries following an accident earlier this afternoon (Wednesday) in Hatfield.
The air ambulance was called to St Albans Road East at around 12.50pm after the cyclist, a 51-year-old man from Barnet, was in collision with a beige Nissan Qashqai at the junction of Beaconsfield Road.
He was taken to the Queen's Hospital in Romford.
The driver of the Nissan, a 64-year-old woman, was uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police are now appealing for witnesses to the accident to come forward.
PC Ian Breacher said: "I am appealing to anyone who may have seen the vehicle or the cyclist prior to the collision or saw the collision take place.
- 1 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 2 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 3 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 4 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 5 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 6 Significantly higher number of fines and warnings for COVID-19 rule breakers in Welwyn Hatfield than nearby areas
- 7 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part
- 8 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
"You could hold vital information which could assist us with our investigation, so please get in touch."
Anyone with information should call Hertfordshire Police on 0845 33 00 222.