Up with the Larke at the Green Room in Welwyn Garden City
FANS of electronica are in for a treat when solo act Larke comes to WGC this weekend. Larke is the performing name of Alex Larke, from Woolmer Green. Speaking to Venue, Alex branded his brand of electronica as a cross between Kasabian, The Stone Roses an
FANS of electronica are in for a treat when solo act Larke comes to WGC this weekend.
Larke is the performing name of Alex Larke, from Woolmer Green.
Speaking to Venue, Alex branded his brand of electronica as "a cross between Kasabian, The Stone Roses and The Happy Mondays".
The 30-year-old also said his music sounds like the sun going down at Caf� Del Mar and coming up in London town.
You may also want to watch:
An as-yet-untitled debut album is in the pipeline for release later this year.
But in the meantime, Alex has teamed up with acclaimed electronica artist Cut La Roc on his forthcoming album Larger Than Life.
- 1 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 2 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 3 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 4 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 A giant of a show is coming to Welwyn Garden City as Campus West panto returns with Jack & the Beanstalk
- 8 Woman verbally abused and threatened at petrol station
- 9 9 huge shows and music festivals to look forward to in Hertfordshire in 2022
- 10 Welwyn Garden City battle adversity to win at Didcot Town
Also appearing on this album is Gary Lightbody, the lead singer of Snow Patrol.
Larke will be at the Green Room on Saturday.
Support will be provided by the Spinning Fish DJs.
Doors open at 8pm and entry is free.
For more information go to www.myspace.com/larkemusic