Up with the Larke at the Green Room in Welwyn Garden City
FANS of electronica are in for a treat when solo act Larke comes to WGC this weekend. Larke is the performing name of Alex Larke, from Woolmer Green. Speaking to Venue, Alex branded his brand of electronica as a cross between Kasabian, The Stone Roses an
FANS of electronica are in for a treat when solo act Larke comes to WGC this weekend.
Larke is the performing name of Alex Larke, from Woolmer Green.
Speaking to Venue, Alex branded his brand of electronica as "a cross between Kasabian, The Stone Roses and The Happy Mondays".
The 30-year-old also said his music sounds like the sun going down at Caf� Del Mar and coming up in London town.
You may also want to watch:
An as-yet-untitled debut album is in the pipeline for release later this year.
But in the meantime, Alex has teamed up with acclaimed electronica artist Cut La Roc on his forthcoming album Larger Than Life.
- 1 Headteacher 'very proud' of 'healthy and balanced' free school meal hampers
- 2 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 3 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 4 GP practice vaccinated 1,000 people in first week
- 5 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 6 Knife reportedly used to rob man in his 20s outside Co-op ATM
- 7 Party organiser fined £10,000 after 150 people attend gathering
- 8 Two people rescued after flood warnings issued
- 9 Scammer pretending to be a police officer stole thousands from 99-year-old man
- 10 New car park proposed for park
Also appearing on this album is Gary Lightbody, the lead singer of Snow Patrol.
Larke will be at the Green Room on Saturday.
Support will be provided by the Spinning Fish DJs.
Doors open at 8pm and entry is free.
For more information go to www.myspace.com/larkemusic