Up with the Larke at the Green Room in Welwyn Garden City
FANS of electronica are in for a treat when solo act Larke comes to WGC this weekend. Larke is the performing name of Alex Larke, from Woolmer Green. Speaking to Venue, Alex branded his brand of electronica as a cross between Kasabian, The Stone Roses an
FANS of electronica are in for a treat when solo act Larke comes to WGC this weekend.
Larke is the performing name of Alex Larke, from Woolmer Green.
Speaking to Venue, Alex branded his brand of electronica as "a cross between Kasabian, The Stone Roses and The Happy Mondays".
The 30-year-old also said his music sounds like the sun going down at Caf� Del Mar and coming up in London town.
An as-yet-untitled debut album is in the pipeline for release later this year.
But in the meantime, Alex has teamed up with acclaimed electronica artist Cut La Roc on his forthcoming album Larger Than Life.
- 1 Shoppers predict ‘demise’ of Welwyn Garden City town centre after store closures announced
- 2 Marks & Spencer confirm Welwyn Garden City store closure
- 3 Council fights for lower housing targets in Local Plan
- 4 Next to close Welwyn Garden City store this week
- 5 Amazon parcels stolen in doorstep theft in Potters Bar
- 6 Outdoor gym opens in Hatfield
- 7 Grant Shapps reveals ‘anger’ over ‘unacceptable’ Downing Street parties
- 8 ‘Please do not vote to damage Welwyn irreparably’
- 9 Purse stolen in Hatfield
- 10 Three bulldogs rescued from fire by passersby
Also appearing on this album is Gary Lightbody, the lead singer of Snow Patrol.
Larke will be at the Green Room on Saturday.
Support will be provided by the Spinning Fish DJs.
Doors open at 8pm and entry is free.
For more information go to www.myspace.com/larkemusic