Up with the Larke at the Green Room in Welwyn Garden City
FANS of electronica are in for a treat when solo act Larke comes to WGC this weekend. Larke is the performing name of Alex Larke, from Woolmer Green. Speaking to Venue, Alex branded his brand of electronica as a cross between Kasabian, The Stone Roses an
FANS of electronica are in for a treat when solo act Larke comes to WGC this weekend.
Larke is the performing name of Alex Larke, from Woolmer Green.
Speaking to Venue, Alex branded his brand of electronica as "a cross between Kasabian, The Stone Roses and The Happy Mondays".
The 30-year-old also said his music sounds like the sun going down at Caf� Del Mar and coming up in London town.
You may also want to watch:
An as-yet-untitled debut album is in the pipeline for release later this year.
But in the meantime, Alex has teamed up with acclaimed electronica artist Cut La Roc on his forthcoming album Larger Than Life.
- 1 Stay vigilant say police after man allegedly seen trying car door handles
- 2 Homes damaged by people throwing bricks
- 3 University of Hertfordshire hit by cyber attack
- 4 Explosive new Fast & Furious 9 trailer and UK release date revealed
- 5 'Iconic' new statue of Ebenezer Howard unveiled
- 6 Mass participation 10K test event in Hatfield Park postponed and new venue being sought
- 7 'It's special to see your loved ones smiling away' - woman raises money to buy companion toys for care home residents
- 8 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 9 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 10 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
Also appearing on this album is Gary Lightbody, the lead singer of Snow Patrol.
Larke will be at the Green Room on Saturday.
Support will be provided by the Spinning Fish DJs.
Doors open at 8pm and entry is free.
For more information go to www.myspace.com/larkemusic