Up with the Larke at the Green Room in Welwyn Garden City
FANS of electronica are in for a treat when solo act Larke comes to WGC this weekend. Larke is the performing name of Alex Larke, from Woolmer Green. Speaking to Venue, Alex branded his brand of electronica as a cross between Kasabian, The Stone Roses an
FANS of electronica are in for a treat when solo act Larke comes to WGC this weekend.
Larke is the performing name of Alex Larke, from Woolmer Green.
Speaking to Venue, Alex branded his brand of electronica as "a cross between Kasabian, The Stone Roses and The Happy Mondays".
The 30-year-old also said his music sounds like the sun going down at Caf� Del Mar and coming up in London town.
You may also want to watch:
An as-yet-untitled debut album is in the pipeline for release later this year.
But in the meantime, Alex has teamed up with acclaimed electronica artist Cut La Roc on his forthcoming album Larger Than Life.
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 3 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 6 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 7 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 8 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 9 Safety check and risk assessment failings for hundreds of Welwyn Hatfield council houses
- 10 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
Also appearing on this album is Gary Lightbody, the lead singer of Snow Patrol.
Larke will be at the Green Room on Saturday.
Support will be provided by the Spinning Fish DJs.
Doors open at 8pm and entry is free.
For more information go to www.myspace.com/larkemusic