Witness appeal after man threatens and demands money from victim in Welwyn Garden City
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
After a man threatened and demanded money from a passerby in Welwyn Garden City, police are appealing for witnesses and informati
It happened last Thursday August 13 at around 5pm on Cole Green Lane.
The victim was walking along the street when he was approached by an unknown male.
The man asked the victim to give him money, when he refused, the man became verbally abusive and threatened him.
PC Matt Mason, who is investigating, said: “This was understandably a distressing incident for the victim. Thankfully, there were a number of witnesses who intervened, and the offender then left the scene in the direction of Woodhall shops.
You may also want to watch:
“The suspect has been described as an Asian male, who is around 5ft 6ins tall and looked to be in his early to mid-20s. He was wearing casual clothing and carrying a water bottle. It was reported that his mannerisms were quite agitated before approaching the victim.
“If you witnessed the incident and have not yet spoken to us, or believe that you saw a man matching the description in the area around the time stated, please get in contact.”
Anyone with information can contact PC Mason directly via email at email@example.com.
You can report information online at herts.police.uk/report, speak to an operator in the Force Communications Room via online web chat at herts.police.uk/contact or call the non-emergency number 101, quoting crime reference 41/64556/20.
- 1 Gallery: Snow gives Welwyn Hatfield residents much-needed fun in lockdown
- 2 Man in hospital after being trapped in car following A1(M) crash
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 New welcome signs arrive at railway station
- 5 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 6 Police warn FIFA Tournament 'not a reason to break the current COVID rules' and issue fines
- 7 Documentary will delve into former palace turned home for WWII children
- 8 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Welwyn Garden City's Sam Caiger returns for West Ham ready to put injury woes behind him
- 10 Even more pics of fun in the snow in Welwyn Hatfield