University of Hertfordshire staff get free health MOTs
STAFF at the University of Hertfordshire are being offered a free health and fitness ‘MOT’ as part of a new initiative.
Coaches test blood pressure, cholesterol levels, lung function and body mass index as part of a 45-minute check-up.
They also assess physical flexibility and hydration levels as part of the YoUr Health: MOT scheme being run by the on-site Hertfordshire Sports Village.
Staff are given instant feedback, while a follow-up appointment is also offered to check on their progress.
The scheme was launched last month following the results of the latest staff survey at the Hatfield-based uni.
You may also want to watch:
Nearly half of 1,240 employees who took part said they would use health and fitness screening if it was offered in the workplace.
Project officer Rhian Crawford said: “The results of the survey illustrate how our staff value their own health and fitness.
- 1 'Almost double the population' - Plans unveiled for two adjacent festivals at the same time
- 2 F9: Filming locations of Vin Diesel's new Fast & Furious 9 movie
- 3 Deal signed with construction firm for old Shredded Wheat factory
- 4 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 5 Aldi eyes new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 7 Re-appeal launched after driver arrested and pedestrian hospitalised following crash
- 8 Frank Turner added to revised Slam Dunk Festival 2021 line-up set for Hatfield
- 9 'It means the world' - lucky Postcode Lottery winners scoop £180,000 prize
- 10 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
“The on-site expertise available at the sports village means we are perfectly placed to offer health MOTs at a time and a place which is convenient to university staff.
“We also have the capability and expertise to offer these services to other companies and have already started to work with employers in the local area.”
Anybody interested in the scheme should contact Rhian at firstname.lastname@example.org