University of Hertfordshire orchestra springs into new season
THE University of Hertfordshire s resident orchestra will begin their spring season of concerts with a performance featuring soloist Yuko Uchiyama. Join the de Havilland Philharmonic from 7.30pm tomorrow (Sunday) at the Weston Auditorium in Hatfield. Yu
THE University of Hertfordshire's resident orchestra will begin their spring season of concerts with a performance featuring soloist Yuko Uchiyama.
Join the de Havilland Philharmonic from 7.30pm tomorrow (Sunday) at the Weston Auditorium in Hatfield.
Yuko will be performing Prokofiev's Violin Concerto No.1, following a performance of John Adams' 'The Chairman Dances'.
Tchaikovsky's Symphony No.5 will also be performed.
You may also want to watch:
Howard Burrell, the de Havilland Philharmonic's artistic director, said: "We're really looking forward to welcoming back the orchestra to kick off our exciting spring programme.
"With an excellent and varied programme, it promises to be a fantastic evening!"
- 1 The changing nature of Potters Bar high street
- 2 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 3 Man drowns in Stanborough Lakes
- 4 Water safety advice issued following lake drowning
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Football fanatic honoured with FA award for services to grassroots game
- 7 New report reveals 28 Covid deaths at Hatfield care home
- 8 'A day none of us will forget' - Princess Anne visits Lister Hospital
- 9 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
- 10 Grant Shapps 'completely opposed' to closure of QEII Urgent Care Centre at night
There is a pre-concert talk at 6.45pm.
Tickets are �2.50.
Full concert tickets cost �15 (concessions get �3 off), children and student tickets are �6.