University of Hertfordshire orchestra springs into new season
THE University of Hertfordshire s resident orchestra will begin their spring season of concerts with a performance featuring soloist Yuko Uchiyama. Join the de Havilland Philharmonic from 7.30pm tomorrow (Sunday) at the Weston Auditorium in Hatfield. Yu
THE University of Hertfordshire's resident orchestra will begin their spring season of concerts with a performance featuring soloist Yuko Uchiyama.
Join the de Havilland Philharmonic from 7.30pm tomorrow (Sunday) at the Weston Auditorium in Hatfield.
Yuko will be performing Prokofiev's Violin Concerto No.1, following a performance of John Adams' 'The Chairman Dances'.
Tchaikovsky's Symphony No.5 will also be performed.
You may also want to watch:
Howard Burrell, the de Havilland Philharmonic's artistic director, said: "We're really looking forward to welcoming back the orchestra to kick off our exciting spring programme.
"With an excellent and varied programme, it promises to be a fantastic evening!"
- 1 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 2 COVID-19: Welwyn Hatfield tops Hertfordshire for cases per 100,000
- 3 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 4 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
- 5 Herts and West Essex boast highest vaccination figures in East of England
- 6 Coroner rules Joy Morgan death 'unlawful killing' but finds no cause at inquest
- 7 Local Plan: Inspector has concerns over why Green Belt sites were removed
- 8 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 9 Mum-of-four loses six stone in just over a year after being unable to play with her youngest child
- 10 'Horrific' abuser who 'showed no remorse' sentenced
There is a pre-concert talk at 6.45pm.
Tickets are �2.50.
Full concert tickets cost �15 (concessions get �3 off), children and student tickets are �6.