University of Hertfordshire opens sports centre
TOP sports physiotherapists, strength and conditioning coaches and the leaders of community sport in the county are all now housed under one roof.
The Sports Performance and Development Centre, based at Hertfordshire Sports Village on the University of Hertfordshire’s de Havilland campus, is a new hub.
The centre is based next to the sports village gym, vacated by Saracens rugby club last season.
Sharing the property are Performance Hertfordshire – a specialist strength and conditioning service for sports clubs or individual athletes looking for a tailor-made programme to boost performance – and the Bodybalance physiotherapy clinic.
The centre also has the offices of Hertfordshire Sports Partnership – which is devoted to increasing sports participation – and the Saracens Sports Foundation, which aims to use sport to change young people’s lives.
You may also want to watch:
University director of sport Nick Brooking said: “We have been working closely with all four of these organisations for a number of years.
“There is a natural synergy between us as we have key aspects of sport, health, community delivery and specialist expertise in common.
- 1 Filming taking place at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 2 When do the clocks go back in 2021 and British Summer Time ends?
- 3 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 4 5 films and TV series shot on location at The Galleria shopping centre in Hatfield
- 5 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
- 6 Tenant's despair over bill for council tax on mouldy flat
- 7 Audi and jewellery worth £70K stolen in Hatfield burglary
- 8 Rumoured Halifax closure would leave Hatfield with no banks
- 9 Fireworks displays in Hertfordshire for Bonfire Night 2021
- 10 Sky Studios Elstree starts recruitment drive ahead of planned 2022 opening
“It is great to be able to seize the chance to bring them together in one place with more suitable accommodation for all.”