University of Hertfordshire opens sports centre
TOP sports physiotherapists, strength and conditioning coaches and the leaders of community sport in the county are all now housed under one roof.
The Sports Performance and Development Centre, based at Hertfordshire Sports Village on the University of Hertfordshire’s de Havilland campus, is a new hub.
The centre is based next to the sports village gym, vacated by Saracens rugby club last season.
Sharing the property are Performance Hertfordshire – a specialist strength and conditioning service for sports clubs or individual athletes looking for a tailor-made programme to boost performance – and the Bodybalance physiotherapy clinic.
The centre also has the offices of Hertfordshire Sports Partnership – which is devoted to increasing sports participation – and the Saracens Sports Foundation, which aims to use sport to change young people’s lives.
You may also want to watch:
University director of sport Nick Brooking said: “We have been working closely with all four of these organisations for a number of years.
“There is a natural synergy between us as we have key aspects of sport, health, community delivery and specialist expertise in common.
- 1 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 2 Do you have the unclaimed £1 million winning lottery ticket bought in Welwyn Hatfield?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Drugs worth £50,000 found in van pulled over for fly-tipping
- 5 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 6 Student gets programming with Code Ninjas
- 7 Missing teen found safe and well
- 8 Travel business calls for Grant Shapps visit to ‘see what a travel agent is’
- 9 Full list of Welwyn Hatfield results for Local Elections 2021
- 10 5 venues and leisure attractions that can reopen from Monday, May 17
“It is great to be able to seize the chance to bring them together in one place with more suitable accommodation for all.”