Union rally against public sector cuts in Hatfield
A DEMONSTRATION against public service cuts announced in yesterday’s Budget will take place in Hatfield on Wednesday.
The public meeting, which is being organised by trade unionists from across the county, will also protest against moves to privatise the education sector.
Jon Berry, the secretary of the St Albans, Welwyn and Hatfield Trades Council, said: “Trade unionists do not accept that we must pay for a crisis that is not of our own making.
“Calls from restraint from MPs with private fortunes from accumulated and inherited wealth cut no ice with us – nor do we believe that handing over our public services like the post and our schools to profiteers will solve any problems.”
The meeting will take place at the Lord William Cecil Memorial Hall, in French Horn Lane.
You may also want to watch:
It will start at 7.30pm.
All are welcome.
- 1 Murder-suicide investigation in Welwyn Garden City
- 2 Five hospitalised after Hatfield dog attack
- 3 Councillor disappointed as BioPark appeal confirmed
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 Grant Shapps suddenly cancels constituency event amid fuel chaos
- 6 New Local Plan timetable aims for summer deadline
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 'So much for grassroots tennis' - Price hike at Gosling Sports Park sparks ire
- 9 Two more acts added to Hatfield music festival's 'line-up of headliners' for 2022
- 10 YMCA overdose victims claim 'neglectful support service' at Welwyn Garden City facility