Union rally against public sector cuts in Hatfield
A DEMONSTRATION against public service cuts announced in yesterday’s Budget will take place in Hatfield on Wednesday.
The public meeting, which is being organised by trade unionists from across the county, will also protest against moves to privatise the education sector.
Jon Berry, the secretary of the St Albans, Welwyn and Hatfield Trades Council, said: “Trade unionists do not accept that we must pay for a crisis that is not of our own making.
“Calls from restraint from MPs with private fortunes from accumulated and inherited wealth cut no ice with us – nor do we believe that handing over our public services like the post and our schools to profiteers will solve any problems.”
The meeting will take place at the Lord William Cecil Memorial Hall, in French Horn Lane.
You may also want to watch:
It will start at 7.30pm.
All are welcome.
- 1 Keep on the grass - sign telling people to stay off land taped over
- 2 June 21: Will Step 4 lifting of coronavirus restrictions be delayed until July?
- 3 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 4 Welwyn Garden City Hockey Club pushing for more girls to play in centenary season
- 5 Save Symondshyde still waiting for inspector's report
- 6 Woody & Kleiny release Euros single Route 66 with The Hoosiers for charity CALM
- 7 Welwyn continue meteoric rise up the table as Owais Shah takes centre stage again
- 8 Heroic dogs win Royal Veterinary College award
- 9 'This doesn’t make much sense' - MPs react to proposed boundary changes
- 10 Brookmans Park Golf Club delighted with all aspects of a great club championship day