Uni academic on the hunt for Hertfordshire's most haunted
DO you believe in ghosts? If the answer is yes, then you re increasingly not alone. That's according to an academic at the University of Hertfordshire, who has launched a county-wide survey to test contemporary belief in ghosts in post-war England.
DO you believe in ghosts? If the answer is yes, then you're increasingly not alone.
That's according to an academic at the University of Hertfordshire, who has launched a county-wide survey to test contemporary belief in ghosts in post-war England.
Paul Cowdell, of the Hatfield-based uni's social sciences, arts and humanities research institute (SSAHRI), is leading the research.
And he says recent opinion polls claim that belief in ghosts is on the increase.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cowdell said: "Although the polls make these kinds of claims, people are rarely asked what exactly they mean by 'ghost' and whether the stories they tell themselves match their beliefs.
"I took an interest in this field because I believe it can tell us much about human culture."
- 1 May 17: Pub ready for reopening after £440k refurbishment
- 2 Social club 'blown away' by community support while closed for extended period
- 3 Search continues for missing Stevenage man
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID lockdown rules ease on Monday?
- 5 Proposal to turn B&Q into 151 flats
- 6 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 7 Students protest and parents call for change after 'lack of action' on racism
- 8 Top gear! Supercars drive into Knebworth for Petrolheadonism event
- 9 May 17th: Uno prepares to welcome more passengers on buses
- 10 Supermarket evacuated and fire services called following ‘strong smell of gas’
The SSAHRI team has launched an online questionnaire - found at http://tinyurl.com/ghostquestionnaire
The survey will run until Christmas, during which time the researchers will also conduct interviews.