Uni academic on the hunt for Hertfordshire's most haunted
DO you believe in ghosts? If the answer is yes, then you re increasingly not alone. That's according to an academic at the University of Hertfordshire, who has launched a county-wide survey to test contemporary belief in ghosts in post-war England.
DO you believe in ghosts? If the answer is yes, then you're increasingly not alone.
That's according to an academic at the University of Hertfordshire, who has launched a county-wide survey to test contemporary belief in ghosts in post-war England.
Paul Cowdell, of the Hatfield-based uni's social sciences, arts and humanities research institute (SSAHRI), is leading the research.
And he says recent opinion polls claim that belief in ghosts is on the increase.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cowdell said: "Although the polls make these kinds of claims, people are rarely asked what exactly they mean by 'ghost' and whether the stories they tell themselves match their beliefs.
"I took an interest in this field because I believe it can tell us much about human culture."
- 1 Arrests made following stop and searches – including teenager with baton
- 2 Banned driver jailed following high-speed police chase
- 3 Welwyn Garden City murder-suicide: Grief-stricken family release statement
- 4 Dozens die after catching COVID-19 in our hospitals
- 5 How was womanising Hatfield policeman allowed to work promoting female safety?
- 6 Hatfield curry house is hot stuff after being named nation’s best
- 7 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 8 As Michael Keaton's Batman returns, Knebworth House features in first teaser for The Flash movie
- 9 How Welwyn's White Hart pub improvised after £100K kitchen inferno
- 10 Congratulations! See Sir Cliff Richard's The Great 80 Tour live in cinemas
The SSAHRI team has launched an online questionnaire - found at http://tinyurl.com/ghostquestionnaire
The survey will run until Christmas, during which time the researchers will also conduct interviews.