Uni academic on the hunt for Hertfordshire's most haunted
DO you believe in ghosts? If the answer is yes, then you re increasingly not alone. That's according to an academic at the University of Hertfordshire, who has launched a county-wide survey to test contemporary belief in ghosts in post-war England.
DO you believe in ghosts? If the answer is yes, then you're increasingly not alone.
That's according to an academic at the University of Hertfordshire, who has launched a county-wide survey to test contemporary belief in ghosts in post-war England.
Paul Cowdell, of the Hatfield-based uni's social sciences, arts and humanities research institute (SSAHRI), is leading the research.
And he says recent opinion polls claim that belief in ghosts is on the increase.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Cowdell said: "Although the polls make these kinds of claims, people are rarely asked what exactly they mean by 'ghost' and whether the stories they tell themselves match their beliefs.
"I took an interest in this field because I believe it can tell us much about human culture."
- 1 9 things you didn’t know about the making of Band of Brothers
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 When is Team GB cycling star Laura Kenny in action at Tokyo 2020 Olympics?
- 4 Dangerous Welwyn Garden City domestic abuser who slashed ex-girlfriend's throat jailed
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 Do you remember when Grange Hill was filmed in Hatfield?
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Welwyn Garden City named Hertfordshire’s sexiest place
- 9 'This is history!' - 25 facts about the Oasis concerts at Knebworth Park 25 years ago
- 10 New Sexy Beasts dating show for Netflix filmed in Hertfordshire
The SSAHRI team has launched an online questionnaire - found at http://tinyurl.com/ghostquestionnaire
The survey will run until Christmas, during which time the researchers will also conduct interviews.