UFO spotted in Welwyn on Christmas Day
A UFO was spotted in the skies over Times Territory on Christmas Day.
Christian Joseph was visiting family in Welwyn when he clocked a strange orange light at around 5.30pm.
He said: “I noticed what I thought was a firework/rocket shoot up into the sky from the direction of Lockleys Farm, in a right-to-left arc.
“It glowed a brilliant intense orange colour, and didn’t really look like any rocket I’d ever seen before.
“I waited for it to explode, but instead it just reached a plateau and hung in the air for about a minute.”
You may also want to watch:
He continued: “I called my dad out to see.
“By then, it had receeded (sic) somewhat into the distance, but he still managed to see it, and he thought the bright orange colour was odd to say the least.
- 1 Care home resident celebrates 102nd birthday
- 2 The latest court results for Welwyn Hatfield and Potters Bar
- 3 Residents urged to comment on Wheat Quarter proposals
- 4 Michael Bublé's Hatfield concert postponed until July 2022
- 5 'Dangerous' man imprisoned for sexual assault in Hatfield
- 6 ‘It’s been a great day!’ - Businesses and customers delight as shops, hairdressers and pubs reopen
- 7 RSPCA appeal to help seriously injured 'miracle cat' Trudie after she's hit by a bus
- 8 John Lewis to reopen Welwyn Garden City store on April 12
- 9 Clinic launched at sports village to help 'long COVID' sufferers
- 10 Which pubs are reopening in Welwyn and Hatfield on April 12?
“It was certainly unlike any aircraft I or my father had seen before.
“After gradually reducing in brightness, it disappeared completely.”
He added: “I’ve since wondered if it could’ve been a Chinese lantern, but the way it accelerated up in a rocket-like arc makes me think not.”