UFO spotted in Welwyn Garden City
A UFO has been captured on camera above the skies of WGC. The snap was taken on Friday evening by Diane Prior, of Autumn Grove. And on Saturday, her husband Andy called the WHT to tell us about the sighting. Andy said he had been
A UFO has been captured on camera above the skies of WGC.
The snap was taken on Friday evening by Diane Prior, of Autumn Grove.
And on Saturday, her husband Andy called the WHT to tell us about the sighting.
Andy said he had been in his back garden with his dog at about 10.45pm, when he saw two strange objects in the sky over Howlands.
You may also want to watch:
"They were above the clouds, swinging left to right," he said.
"There was no noise whatsoever."
- 1 Fine issued to funeral director after ‘clear and blatant breach’ of coronavirus rules
- 2 Police attend funeral as residents voice concerns about 'social distancing'
- 3 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 4 Parked car leads to build up of waste, council claims
- 6 Will Bridgerton return to Hertfordshire for season two?
- 7 Principal reveals biggest challenges and successes during her time at Oaklands College
- 8 How did our town centres hold up under pressure last year?
- 9 Golf club has dozens of buggy batteries stolen in one day
- 10 More than 20 arrested following major Welwyn Hatfield county lines drugs operation
He added: "I was gobsmacked as to what it could be.
"I have never seen anything like it before."
After spotting the dancing lights, the 40-year-old rushed indoors to get his wife, who took some pictures using her digital camera.
And since then, Andy has been wracking his brains as to what it could have been.
He is convinced it could not have been a plane, helicopter or Chinese lantern and added: "It wasn't a laser show because you would have seen the light going up."
Andy, who works as a sales executive, stressed he drinks "very rarely" and laughed when the WHT asked if he had been in an advanced state of refreshment on Friday evening.
"The last time I had a pint was Wednesday night," he smiled.
Andy said he had reported the sighting to the Ministry of Defence.
A spokeswoman said: "The MoD examines reports solely to establish whether UK airspace may have been compromised by hostile or unauthorised military activity.
"Unless there is evidence of a potential threat, there is no attempt to identify the nature of each sighting reported.